Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Heads up

This is a discussion on Heads up within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by User05 The next CST advisor who does that, get his/her manager on the phone, as putting you ...

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Re: Heads up

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      The next CST advisor who does that, get his/her manager on the phone, as putting you on hold and refusing calls isn't allowed whatsoever. There are quite a few new CST advisors, particularly the new site in Stockport, so whether this has anything to do with 'new' advisors not knowing what to do, who knows.

The only time CST should be putting people on hold is to consult a CEL to authorise LL14s, but, even so, this should be done with the customer.
      This has been ongoing for some time.

I personally feel sometimes its because the CST agents maybe don't want to tell the customer there is a charge for the router. Or give them bad news about callback times or length of time they may be without service. Or because its near the end of their shift.

Or because they simply can't be arsed.

Whatever the reason, its us at tier 1 who cop the flack for it all from the customer.

With respect, thats unfair. I know there are some utter numpties at tier 1, but an awful lot of us have been there some time and know our job. I am good at dealing with customers, but am often a bit peeved when I am having to apologise for something thats out of my control because CST won't speak to them.

Maybe if some of you in CST could mention to your managers the frequency with which this is happening, they might look into it.

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers View Post
      Most of the time i get through to CST i get put on hold.
      Do they mention why they're putting you on hold? Out of curiosity, what kind of escalated issues are we talking about that you'd typically be put on hold for?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
      This has been ongoing for some time.

I personally feel sometimes its because the CST agents maybe don't want to tell the customer there is a charge for the router. Or give them bad news about callback times or length of time they may be without service. Or because its near the end of their shift.

Or because they simply can't be arsed.

Whatever the reason, its us at tier 1 who cop the flack for it all from the customer.

With respect, thats unfair. I know there are some utter numpties at tier 1, but an awful lot of us have been there some time and know our job. I am good at dealing with customers, but am often a bit peeved when I am having to apologise for something thats out of my control because CST won't speak to them.

Maybe if some of you in CST could mention to your managers the frequency with which this is happening, they might look into it.
      Unfortunately, like all walks of life, there are idiots in every dept.. It's unfortunate that it seems to be happening quite frequently, and shouldn't be happening.

CST have a 'tier 1 feedback form' to fill out these days due to high amounts of escalations, a lot of which are fixed by standard troubleshooting. The form is to highlight incorrect troubleshooting/insufficient notes etc. but also to give appraisal where t1 have done their job and more for the customer. The same scrutiny should be done for CST advisors not doing their job - I'd suggest that anyone who is being refused a call from a CST advisor to take their chordiant ID and give it to their team-leader/manager to be followed up.

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Honestly pretty much everything that isn't sending out a new router.

If it is a call feature thats going to NOC have been told a couple of times needs an IGLS raised on hold for 10 mins for them to come back and say yea you were right its going to NOC.

Usual reason is "I just need to go and check something". prodding does usually get them to explain what they are going to find out

the odd time they try to tell you they don't have the system need but a quick check to see what systems that they should have usually resolves this.

Now that we get 0 in a qa for not following sky answers there is going to be a lot more escalations.

Out of curiosity do you trust the result of a SELT test or do you just use it to check if it is jumpered correctly

Few times have seen CST sending out a new router when SELT saying that its only getting half way to the house
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Apparently we are now shipping N grade routers heard through the grapevine as usual.

think they are sagem so same as everyone else heard for a while.

Not sure if they are the ones that are half the standard of N will post more if i find out.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers View Post
      Out of curiosity do you trust the result of a SELT test or do you just use it to check if it is jumpered correctly

Few times have seen CST sending out a new router when SELT saying that its only getting half way to the house
      Well, if a customer calls through with NDT and no sync and SELT shows an impairment around above around 30m, then it's jumpering. For just no sync issues, SELT with all cpe connected and then SELT with all cpe disconnected. If the results are the same, then there's a likely impairment on the line; if the results differ, then a piece of cpe is likely faulty. I don't take too much notice of the length - as long as the two readings are different, then the signal is getting to the equipment.

drt1710 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange name: Ammanford Exchange code: SWADW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      Well, if a customer calls through with NDT and no sync and SELT shows an impairment around above around 30m, then it's jumpering. For just no sync issues, SELT with all cpe connected and then SELT with all cpe disconnected. If the results are the same, then there's a likely impairment on the line; if the results differ, then a piece of cpe is likely faulty. I don't take too much notice of the length - as long as the two readings are different, then the signal is getting to the equipment.
      Almost sounds like a foreign language!!!! lol

Exchange:
      Thanks

NDT = No Dial Tone
      SELT = Single Ended Loop Testing
      Jumpering is if it connected properly in the exchange
      CPE = customer premises equipment
      DELT = double ended loop testing

So basically you just uses SELT as normal and also use it pretty much as a DELT test as well
      Last edited by I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers; 09-03-11 at 03:36 PM.

buddbuttocks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR-102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I'm pretty sure the new Sagem router isn't wireless N. There is no mention of it on the recent brief, just a new look glossy box and slight changes to router GUI. Rumour I heard was that the N router trial went very badly.

edit: I stand corrected, seems people are reporting it is N wifi. Sky sure like to keep us in the dark about this ****, don't they?

I know a couple of guys that put together the Sky Answers content. They are actual advisors that take technical calls and they know their stuff. Most of it is fine - people just aren't following it properly. By all means advisors should use their initiative when there are gaps in the process, but 90% of Tier 1 feedback forms I send are where issues could have been resolved by following mojo/answers.

I agree that Tier 1 should have limited access to LAMA, very people know how to use it properly. I've been here since broadband launched, and there are people who I have worked alongside since that time who still don't do it right. But then again, nobody has been properly trained how to use it (I went hunting for trainer docs on shared drive and figured it out myself), so no big surprise...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast