Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Heads up

This is a discussion on Heads up within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I don't know why they are doing that, but I could make a guess at liability issues. I have to ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Heads up

I don't know why they are doing that, but I could make a guess at liability issues.

I have to be very careful in how I say & record things when teaching or guiding. If I forget a small piece of information that is crucial, then my rear could be chewed up more than a 50 year old piece of chewing gum.

Anyway, in about 18 months the new AI Sky Care System will probably go live.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

more info apparently now even the people in tier 1 that do have access to change the setting on a line are meant to be loosing it what fun.

And tier 1 now literally have to read the script word for word with no initiative input so cst are going to be getting stupid escalations.

I really do feel sorrry for anyone now that has to deal with tier 1 as are hands are badly tied
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers View Post
      more info apparently now even the people in tier 1 that do have access to change the setting on a line are meant to be loosing it what fun.

And tier 1 now literally have to read the script word for word with no initiative input so cst are going to be getting stupid escalations.

I really do feel sorrry for anyone now that has to deal with tier 1 as are hands are badly tied
      If your performance on the phone matches your posting style I'm not surprised CS 'hands are tied'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SadBloke View Post
      If your performance on the phone matches your posting style I'm not surprised CS 'hands are tied'.
      I am guessing that 'I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers' may have a form of Dyslexia. Either that or is trying to keep people of the scent so that senior colleagues don't know the identity.

A little known fact about people who have Dyslexia:

There are no stupid people with Dyslexia. The all have either average or above average intelligence.

(Quoted to me by a lady who teaches people of all age groups diagnosed with Dyslexia)

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

i dont have dyslexia - well never been told that i had it anyway

got an A in gcse english funny enough guessing that the person that marked it must have though.

i always try tying really fast when using an ipad it doesn't really work out all that well, will have to get the new 1 which has that little stand / awesome little cover.

Scubbie yea i type differently on here than i do when i am in work, also doesn't help that i am normally in uni or on a train with a smartphone when posting which doesn't make things any better. I am to lazy to proof read - procrastinate through life

About identity
      thats why I did my speed through speed.io doesn't give the server location and dont have an exchange code in my name.
      if i wasn't to lazy i would post while using hotspot shield to make my ip look like its coming from america
      Last edited by I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers; 04-03-11 at 03:56 PM.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Thanks

No problem.

You'll need to learn to use a spell checker then. There is a link on here for those with Internet Explorer to download & install 'ieSpell'. It's not too bad, I've been using it for years now.

My spelling used to be terrible too. At college I used the spell checkers extensively and it improved. It is important and I would hazard a guess that it is even more important at Uni.

If the browser you have doesn't have one, copy & paste into a WP & check there. Copy & paste the result back into the forum post when you've done. Getting your spelling & grammar right helps you to communicate better with others and can reduce misunderstandings.

Also Speedtest.net doesn't divulge your location either. It only announces the server which you tested with.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Doing a computing degree so most of the time using a java compiler, therefore i am used to using shortcuts and being able to spell most of the things the way that i want either that or writing an SQL query and therefor unable to uses space or punctuation.

Dont use IE in fact i have a Mac so mainly chrome, although firefox and safari are there as well just in case.

Atomic web browser when using the ipad, also have another browser for on the fly conversion to HTML5 but that isn't the point

yea i no that but what i mean is that i wouldn't change the auto choice server which would give a very good clue where i am from.

I could do the easy thing and just proof read what i have wrote which i think i should start doing.

agree with the spelling on grammer comment i probable would be better posting from my Mac instead of the ipad until i get the new 1 on march 25th

slickric21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eacos
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear 3800 DD-WRT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers View Post

guessin we also aint meant to use alt DNS servers even though i think i have told every1 that i have ever talked to to use googles DNS servers or the old UK onlines 1's
      Slightly skewing the topic here sorry.... But in what way are these better than Sky's ???

I have always found Google's (and Open) to be slower than Sky's, something that I validated with a little program (Namebench ) which tests various DNS servers for you and produces a report based on speeds to a variety of websites.

Sky and a certain BT always come back way faster for me.

Now the old UKO ones, that's interesting, didn't test them, are they still valid ?
      If so what's the addresses, I'll give em a whirl !!!

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slickric21 View Post
      if so what's the addresses, i'll give em a whirl !!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Slickic21 - skew the topic all you want

the topic was only started as a pre-warning what it chances in to i really dont mind

its pretty much just a general chat now now anyway with a random name

hope TTM gets fixed shortly before i go to work was a real pain last night.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast