Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connected but not activated

This is a discussion on Connected but not activated within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Router arrived today, 3 days after ordering Connect package and I now have wireless BB internet access (this was however ...

BBHunter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connected but not activated

Router arrived today, 3 days after ordering Connect package and I now have wireless BB internet access (this was however a re-order!). I can access Sky.com portal using Username and password rx'd last week from original order but I cannot access www.skybroadband.com and therefore cannot set-up email and additional usernames.

As I haven't received any letters related to the reorder I have no idea what the intended activation date was to be but given that I now have a working BB connection should I be ringing CS to querry lack of access to skybroadband.com portal? Does anybody know what is involved in this magical activation process?

thnxs in advance

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi BBHunter

You are not alone I have been connected 3 weeks and still cannot connect to the SkyBB portal and there are a lot of other members in the same position, I have spoken to SkyBB TS about this and have been told that its a known problem and that some users are added and some not and they are trying to fix it, I think its all down to BT failing to close an order at their end and inform SkyBB that its complete as my order still shows as Your order is in progress ans SkyBB have said the same to me but they do know I am connected.

So if you haven't you checked the BT checker to see if it says order complete ? then please have a look as that may confirm my theory.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wheelie, Yes situation is as you described. Still an open BT order, scheduled to complete 10 Oct and consistent with letter from Sky that arrived today.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      In that case I guess come the 10th we will know for sure
      Last edited by Wheelie; 05-10-06 at 10:52 AM.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Apart from the 7 free days of internet access before Sky start charging me I think I've also found another benefit - I will only have 3 days left to go of the 10 day router training period so if not happy with speeds in 10 days time I am still within the 7 day cancellation period.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      If any of you guys have a username and password when signing up to Sky.com try that as it worked for me and I can now get access to the portal.