Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Braintree Essex Help

This is a discussion on Braintree Essex Help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme Sky broadband is a domestic service, where business use is specifically banned. If you need a ...

geoffxxuk is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Re: Braintree Essex Help

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Sky broadband is a domestic service, where business use is specifically banned. If you need a connection for your work then the fibre connection would be far better. If you wanted two broadband connections, will also need 2 telephone lines. Is it worth paying for an extra line for a very slow connection from Sky, just to get Anytime+?

You could ask the present occupiers what speed they get from TalkTalk, you would get at least the same from Sky.

Just seen Scubbie's post, the FTTC connection needs a different router from ADSL, I doubt if the two can be combined in one.
      I have just looked on TalkTalk's website and they are offering fibre-optic broadband if that helps you at all. Would all have to depend on whether you are in their fibre area though. Can't be any harm in looking can there?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Near Portsmouth
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

They are not quite ready from what I can tell.

It appears that they are just registering interest as there are not details of the packages that they are offering.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

scifipaul is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: braintree essex
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Thanks everyone great feedback and interesting information.

Regarding BT Infinity, I agree I have read the news piece that says they will lift the cap sometime in April.

The problem will still lie with how they traffic manage which in essence will boil down to the same thing, if you use it to much they will slow down the internet feed so they give with one hand and take it away with the other but at the same time trying to make themselves look good.

With the issue of Sky unlimited I know you have to have 2 lines with the other being for BT that is not an issue, it is just the issue is that when i checked on the sky website it went from 5 or 6 megs down to 2 megs over a couple of weeks that I cant understand considering BT is still saying you can get up to 5 megs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123