Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband Unlimited Acceptable Use Policy Questions?

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Unlimited Acceptable Use Policy Questions? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, ] I'm considering joining Sky on the unlimited package. Before I do so I wonder if anyone can help ...

Nerobo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shoreham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Unlimited Acceptable Use Policy Questions?

Hi,
      ]
      I'm considering joining Sky on the unlimited package. Before I do so I wonder if anyone can help me out by answering the following questions?

(1) Does Sky limit P2P or Usenet usage?
      (2) Does Sky have peak and off peak times where traffic shaping or throttling is applied?
      (3) Is there an unofficial limit with regards to the amount of Gigs a user can download before they are considered to be detrimentally affecting the service of others and subsequently sent warning letters regarding high usage?

All of these are factors with some other ISP's claiming to offer a totally unlimited service and I want to be sure that Sky isn't like those ISP's before I proceed with an order. Although I won't habitually download massive amounts of data, there will be occasional times where I will exceed over 300 GB a month.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Advertisement
      slickric21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eacos
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear 3800 DD-WRT
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Unlimited Acceptable Use Policy Questions?

No the LLU Unlimited service is still unmanaged and limitless.

AFAIK its still only O2/BE and Sky who have unmanaged networks......... How long they will hold out for is another matter.

However....
      There are reports kicing around now of some Sky user having peak slowdowns, which Sky claimed was faulty equpitment in exchanges.
      I think it was North Wales and North West, theres a thread on here somewhere.
      The more suspicious minded however suspected it was congestion.
      I don't know the conclusion to it I lost interest in the thread.

Sky Unlimited Broadband gone slow in the last few days

4. The Following User Says Thank You to slickric21 For This Useful Post:

Nerobo (23-02-11)

Nerobo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shoreham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Unlimited Acceptable Use Policy Questions?

Thanks for the reply. As I suspected Sky and Be are the only ones advertising correctly for their unlimited pack. Although also suspect your right regarding the possibility of traffic management. Be is owned by O2, and O2 have set limits on all their packages. Sky is the only one out of the biggest ISP's who don't cap their unlimited service... so maybe they will do the same. I'm living in India at the moment and I'm not due back for a while. So I'll monitor the situation and if it's still unlimited I'll make my decision then. Thanks again!