Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Can't Connect Wirelessly but can connect through an ethernet. PLEASE HELP

This is a discussion on Can't Connect Wirelessly but can connect through an ethernet. PLEASE HELP within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi i found this thread whilst searching for a solution the same problem. I also have the Toshiba Satellite L300. ...

Big Mal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Can't Connect Wirelessly but can connect through an ethernet. PLEASE HELP

Hi i found this thread whilst searching for a solution the same problem. I also have the Toshiba Satellite L300. I kept getting the same message:

The computer is connected to skyxxxx but does not have access to the internet.
      If you are connecting to a wireless hotspot....

I updated the driver for the Atheros wireless network adapter from windows update in optional updates, and now it works perfectly.Im guessing you will have the same network adapter so worth a try maybe.

2. Advertisement
      ANNAW is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Thanks

Did mase_22 manage to fix this?

Have had same issue for 10 days, sky say issue with Vista. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
      Last edited by ANNAW; 07-05-11 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Didnt all print

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ANNAW View Post
      Did mase_22 manage to fix this?

Have had same issue for 10 days, sky say issue with Vista. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
      Current opinion is on disabling the WiFi on the router.

If this is unacceptable because it is impractical, then could I suggest that you either piggyback a 2nd WiFi router to the Sky router or use another router with WiFi to connect to your broadband.

How to connect two Routers together

If you wish to connect your own router, remember that it is technically against Sky's T&Cs. Saying this, many people do practise this safely.

Extracting Sky Router passwords

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

hirstyboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Another muggle here......

Firstly BIG Thank You to all posted on here as kept me sane that not just me!!!

I too have been experiencing exactly the same problems. I am onn my 2nd non working Sagecom router which works perfectly well at 10Mb speed on ethernet until I enable the wireless - then crashes vey quickly afterwards. Broadband was turned on 28th April and 2nd router sent 1st May - both Sagecom and both exactly same issue - I have tried EVERY solution on forums, but only one works is to disable wireless

I have just spent another hour telling them what the problem was and that it was a known problem posted on the forums.

I was told I would have to wait for senior technical to phone back "within 72 hrs" and when I said that was unacceptable and I could not see what someone else could tell me that would help as there is no fix....... I have been "promised" a call tonight from one of the managers. (seeing it is now 22.30 I doubt this will happen......)

The guys/gals on the phones do what they can but cannot give an answer to a known problem when they have no answer. Especially when the above post states it will be a "few weeks" before a fix is available.

I await my call.... but if no answer then looks like I will be onto cancellations in the AM and returning to BT. They may have been more expensive, but the harware always worked and the customer service was good. I was "tempted" by the cheaper price and although the speed has improved I reckon it would be similar on Infinity and I am prepared to pay a little extra for a service that works!!!!

My main gripe is that Sky are sending out kit that there are known issues with, with no planned time for a fix.... that is just not acceptable. It has left me questioning my whole Sky package and should I move TV and all away??? If people report this problem send them kit that works!!!!! After all I am told repeatedly "it is only a few people that have experienced it" A small price to pay for happy customers is it not???

hirstyboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

I stand corrected - just had call back from manager

She was very apoloetic and sympathetic to my problem..... but sad to say folks that there is NO solution, and by the sounds of it won't be quickly.

- problem with router software
      - no fix currently
      - no other routers other than the Sagecom available in warehouse
      - a lot of people (sounded like 100's) complaining about this
      - keep looking at website for answer (though as I've been marked as having problem "should" also get a phone call

Marked as getting a credit for the time I do not have "full" service, but as I said to manager not really the point - just want a working service.....

Guess I will see what happens, but as say above seriously considering jacking the lot, this looks like turning into BIG issue for Sky....

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

You have my sympathies hirstyboy, but until the people at either Sky or Sagem can correctly identify the problem and then find the solution, everyone will be in the same boat.

A new firmware is probably being tested, but I doubt if anyone will publish details until it has been confirmed as working.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

timfosker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboy View Post
      Another muggle here......

Firstly BIG Thank You to all posted on here as kept me sane that not just me!!!

I too have been experiencing exactly the same problems. I am onn my 2nd non working Sagecom router which works perfectly well at 10Mb speed on ethernet until I enable the wireless - then crashes vey quickly afterwards. Broadband was turned on 28th April and 2nd router sent 1st May - both Sagecom and both exactly same issue - I have tried EVERY solution on forums, but only one works is to disable wireless

I have just spent another hour telling them what the problem was and that it was a known problem posted on the forums.

I was told I would have to wait for senior technical to phone back "within 72 hrs" and when I said that was unacceptable and I could not see what someone else could tell me that would help as there is no fix....... I have been "promised" a call tonight from one of the managers. (seeing it is now 22.30 I doubt this will happen......)

The guys/gals on the phones do what they can but cannot give an answer to a known problem when they have no answer. Especially when the above post states it will be a "few weeks" before a fix is available.

I await my call.... but if no answer then looks like I will be onto cancellations in the AM and returning to BT. They may have been more expensive, but the harware always worked and the customer service was good. I was "tempted" by the cheaper price and although the speed has improved I reckon it would be similar on Infinity and I am prepared to pay a little extra for a service that works!!!!

My main gripe is that Sky are sending out kit that there are known issues with, with no planned time for a fix.... that is just not acceptable. It has left me questioning my whole Sky package and should I move TV and all away??? If people report this problem send them kit that works!!!!! After all I am told repeatedly "it is only a few people that have experienced it" A small price to pay for happy customers is it not???
      Exactly the same problem, I had a netgear router previously and that worked wirelessly fine until in gave up the ghost. The replacement SAGEMCOM Fast 2304 crashes wirelessly but is fine with an ethernet connection. Sky needs to agree that there is a problem with the router, please give me a netgear one again! Help!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234