Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

who do sky go through on connect package?

This is a discussion on who do sky go through on connect package? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I take it that it is best to leave the router on at all times for the first 10 days? ...

Just Cause is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I take it that it is best to leave the router on at all times for the first 10 days? I have been getting some horrific ISDN like speeds. This is the norm. It is also normal for my line to be running like a 512Kb service. The odd time I do get what I should from the line but that is the exception rather than the norm.

The upload is always fine and dandy but the download is just PAH!

Sky reckon my exchange is at fault but it does seem somewhat coincidental that this issue started when I moved from my flawless 2Mb BT connection to the 8Mb connect product.

I have asked for a MAC code from Sky which they tell me has to come to me by letter. Once I get this and if the connection issues have not improved I will be going 'home' to BT.

If I am simply missing something and am being too hasty I just can't help it.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi....you're my only hope.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      When i was first MAX'ed i had constant disconnects etc and reboots, this lasts for 10 days or so, what happens is that the hardware at BT tries to attain the highest possible stable rate.

Mine was left at 3.2mb after the 10 days, however changing my faceplate has now mean't i sync at approx 6.4mb ish

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

garyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Peterborough Central
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi,
      What if you have been connected for 10 days but the router has been turned on & off when not in use? I am now leaving it on, but have I missed the BT config period?

Like Just Cause, I am receiving near ISDN speeds and cannot continue like this... Sky TS dont seem to want to help, so we are left to accept it..

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes Gary you will have for more info on this read >>this<< it will explain how it all works
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Just Cause is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by garyb View Post
      Hi,
      Like Just Cause, I am receiving near ISDN speeds and cannot continue like this... Sky TS dont seem to want to help, so we are left to accept it..
      This is the most annoying part for me. There is a lack or willingness to help, there is more alarmingly a scripted and non-technical first line TS that is neither use nor ornament.

I lose more confidence with every call to Sky. The call centre is fragmented and it does seem that as far as training and available information goes, they are playing catch up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12