Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Micrifilters?

This is a discussion on Micrifilters? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Mine 2 days later has seen what I believe to be the max I will get, The same thing happened ...

T1Cybernetic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYSEM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Awesomeness Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Micrifilters?

Mine 2 days later has seen what I believe to be the max I will get, The same thing happened last time I switched to sky broadband, I got 4096 kbps then it went straight up to 16376 kbps two days later.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 16376 kbps 945 kbps
      Line Attenuation 27.0db 15.9db
      Noise Margin 7.3db 14.6db

I was with sky broadband exactly 12 months ago and had exactly the same speed the last 12 months I was with O2 but I just came back the sky, So I am as happy as can be, If it goes higher then +bonus but either way it's all good.
      Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

i've been on connect for well over 2yrs.
      .......and you have had this speed all the time? If you have, that is shocking. Connect is rubbish but you should have had the top speed available, with a throughput of over 7Mb outside the throttling period. I wonder how many others are in this position and don't realise it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

skyjohnny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02871
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

yea i've always had this speed, and always been on this package. I know it's shocking. but there's nothing I can do about it now right?

I just hope the speed increases within the next few days, i'll make sure to let you know what jappens.
      A Sky rep is due to call me 2nt at 7pm to see if theres any change.

Thanks

yea i've always had this speed, and always been on this package. I know it's shocking. but there's nothing I can do about it now right?
      It may not be, you could try sending an email to Sky telling them that you have just discovered you have been on the wrong package for over 2 years. You realise that this is not Sky's fault, but BTs as they made a mistake when you were originally set up, but feel you are due some compensation due to your unnecessary low broadband speed since when you signed up..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It may not be, you could try sending an email to Sky telling them that you have just discovered you have been on the wrong package for over 2 years. You realise that this is not Sky's fault, but BTs as they made a mistake when you were originally set up, but feel you are due some compensation due to your unnecessary low broadband speed since when you signed up..
      You think that would work?

I doubt it. Good idea though! I did initially sign up for Connect, however I was told I would be automatically 'switched over' in due course.. Still waiting.

Thanks

You may have signed for Connect, but that is not what you are/were on. It's worth a try, Sky for all their faults, are quite good at giving out compensation, usually in the form of free or discounted services.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Well I rang them last nite as advised.

I am STILL on Connect, and Sky dont know how to upgrade me to Unlimited. They have tried THREE times this week and each time on the phone when trying to upgrade me it says 'successful' on the system - however they ring me back the following day to confirm it has infact 'failed' for some unknow reason. As I say, this has been attempted three time in the past week, all three times failing, leaving me on the Connect package with a 500kbps upload speed.

Upon calling them last night, their exact words were 'Im sorry but we just dont know how to fix this, the only thing I can reccomend is that you cancel your Sky Connect package, and then re-sign up as a new Unlimited customer, which would take approx 10 days - leaving you without broadband for the duration of this time'. The Sky rep then said 'This is strange I know because you could call up Virgin or Talk Talk and be connected within an hour'

So, cut a long story short, I still have Connect, but, I did recieve 25% off my TV package for 12 months, and 50% off my line rental for 12 months. As appreciative as I am, this still does not fix my broadband issue.

What to do?

Thanks

I would guess the reason for it failing is the BT engineer not doing his job properly, although it does not take a rocket scientist to unplug your connection from the BT frame and plug it into the Sky one.

I think you should call Sky and tell them to get in touch with BT to put you on the correct package, ie, Sky Connect instead of BT Home500. Which I don't think even exists as an option nowadays. If they do that they may have more success moving you to Sky LLU.

It is risky cancelling as you will go to the back of the queue for a slot. Almost all Sky exchanges are over-subscribed so you could end up waiting months or even years for the move. There is no reason why this should be necessary, all it needs it for someone to do their job properly.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Thanks for that,

Yea it does seem like the a fault at the BT end of things. Sky are sending me out a bew Microfilter to see if that speeds up my current Connect package. Which I dont think it will.

Would I be better to get a MAC code and move to say Virgin? Seeing as I'm paying 17.50 per month now for anm awful package.

I think Virgin is 6.50 for the first 6mths then double after that.

Not sure what to do really

Thanks

Sky are sending me out a bew Microfilter to see if that speeds up my current Connect package. Which I dont think it will.
      You are correct, that will not make one bit of difference. Sometimes I really despair at Sky support. Can't they see you are on the wrong package and this can only be corrected by BT and not a stupid filter. I think you should call back and try to speak to someone who has something between their ears, other than air. Ask to be passed direct to the Customer Solutions Team, as you are fed up being messed around.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast