Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Broadband Unlimited Very Slow...Until After I call Support

This is a discussion on Broadband Unlimited Very Slow...Until After I call Support within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy Sky will fix it but you have to go through the processes in place first before ...

CityTiger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0115
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Broadband Unlimited Very Slow...Until After I call Support

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      Sky will fix it but you have to go through the processes in place first before Sky will get Openreach involved as it costs a fortune to get them out. So long as you've got an open ticket and things haven't progressed then the next step would get OR involved
      But how can I get them to even open a ticket when they are refusing to accept even a possibility that there is a problem on the line?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

That's luck of the draw, unfortunately. If you can get someone from the UK then they should understand what you're saying. Other than that you just have to keep trying
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

That's luck of the draw, unfortunately. If you can get someone from the UK then they should understand what you're saying. Other than that you just have to keep trying
      On Sunday I did get two UK people, the first girl obviously wasnt very technical though so she was just going through her procedure and couldnt understand.

The second guy claimed to be a technical expert but I am not convinced he was, her certainly didnt say anything that gave me that impression....well other than him saying 'Im a technical expert'

He knew more than the first girl but still, the fact he didnt even ask me what the netstat connections were suggests he wasnt that technical.

Thanks

Netstat is completely unnecessary so wouldn't be asked for. The issue you've got is a sync speed one - nothing more, nothing less. This is likely to be caused by a fault on the external line, not your PC

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I was going to say that, netstat is only used by some of the support agents to fob you off.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I was going to say that, netstat is only used by some of the support agents to fob you off.
      Exactly why I am annoyed with them. Both agents I spoke to asked me to do a netstat test and when I said there were more than 10 connections thats when they blamed my PC (depsite me telling them I had the same problems on 4 seperate PCs) and refused to admit any problems on their end.

I had a fairly strong feeling that was rubbish but getting them to admit that was impossible.

It was only when I told the second guy that most of the connections were from the router (he didnt ask that I just told him) that he started accepting maybe it wasnt my PC, but even then he still maintained the line was fine and it was possibly my router that was the issue.

Thanks

You've just spoken to tier 1, you NEED to get past them to CST. Until you do nothing will improve

You have to understand the training Sky technical staff have. Sky BB is aimed at the people who just want it to work - not the gamers, prople who work from home, large downloaders. It's always been aimed at those who just want a BB service. Therefore the support is limited to issues basic users will encounter

Thanks

You've just spoken to tier 1, you NEED to get past them to CST. Until you do nothing will improve

You have to understand the training Sky technical staff have. Sky BB is aimed at the people who just want it to work - not the gamers, prople who work from home, large downloaders. It's always been aimed at those who just want a BB service. Therefore the support is limited to issues basic users will encounter
      Any tips on how to get past tier 1 then? I spoke to tier 1 support and then got put through to cancellations which is when this supposedly technical expert came on the line.

Thanks

You have to play nice and go through ALL their questions. You can fudge some answers or say there is no connection when they show there is but it's all down to the agent and whether they come to the conclusion you need to get to CST

Birks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

It's not like they can tell if you're lying about most things. They can't tell if you change settings on your RSP and of course they can't tell about things on your computer. Just tell them you've got five netstat entries now or something. If they read the old ticket say it's another computer or you fixed it. They can tell uptime though... well in general T1 can't but some special agents have tools to do that now so just stick it in test and say you're already in there when they ask you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234