Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

account advice

This is a discussion on account advice within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hey guys and gals need a bit of help iv been with virgin media for about 6/7 years and for ...

krissj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

account advice

hey guys and gals

need a bit of help

iv been with virgin media for about 6/7 years and for the last year its been a pain in the ****.... but i wont get into any of that

im currently living with my mother who has just come out of hospital after having open heart surgery, while she was in hospital my brother decided to get her sky tv for when she comes out as she will be at home for a good few months.

he was told that when shes out he would be able to transfer the account into her name, now we are trying to get the unlimited broadband sorted out but cant because the account is in my brothers name.

any ideas on what we can do?... anyway he can get the account transferred into my mothers name?

i know i could give him the money for the broadband but id rather be able to sort it out if anything was to go wrong, dont want to have to wait about for him to sort it out lol

thanks in advance

Kris

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Re: account advice

Whether Sky will do this or not is certainly the main issue, but I would get your brother to make the telephone call as Sky won't talk to you or your mother without his consent.

This last bit is normal practise these days, due to Data Protection.

I would certainly recommend calling though.

As for the Unlimited Broadband, do double check that it is this package they are providing. Take a look at SamKnows and ensure that Sky has their equipment in your local telephone exchange. It seems that occasionally people have ended up on Sky Connect, which is a terrible product judging by the many posts on this forum.

If you are transferring the telephone to Sky at the same time, I would also recommend that you make it clear should your mother need the telephone connected to any call out system. They should prioritise the line if this is the case and prevent any disconnections once you've moved over.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

krissj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

thanks for the advice

im gna get my brother to give them a call later on see what they can do.

i done a bit of research on samknows and when i last spoke to sky they said they could offer me the unlimited BB for the 12.50 a month..... very cheap and i know of other ppl that are on sky and it all seems good.

currently got a bt landline so it should be ok.... lets jus hope we can sort the account out

cheers

kris

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

DPA means only your brother can call Sky for account changes, as to putting it in her name they can do certain things but not others so things like the primary log in will stay as it is now.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have a look at this Help page, the ' I want to take over an existing account' in particular. - Sky Account & Billing | How to change your account details
      If you don't have any success with this, get him to register you as an Additional user. This will allow you to talk to Sky without having him present.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.