Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suddenly speed drop

This is a discussion on Suddenly speed drop within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi to all member and staff and I am new here, just shifted to my cousin home and they have ...

anu0512 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Smile Suddenly speed drop

Hi to all member and staff and I am new here, just shifted to my cousin home and they have sky BB unlimited plan and maximum speed is 5 Mbps.

The problem is last night i am downloading suddenly my speed drop and goes to zero no page is opening, but when ever i restart my segem router then it work ok.When ever i start the downloading the speed will be drop then i have only one option left restart my router.Is there any fair policy like virgin of downloading may be i reach the downloading but i restart the router speed come same 5 Mbps.

I have attached the two screen-shot router statistics.

2. Advertisement
      nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Suddenly speed drop

If they are on sky bb unlimited there is no fair usage policy. What was you downloading? Were you repeatedly downloading the same item or was the issue happening on various things? Were you connecting wired or wirelessly?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Those 2 shots show no change in the uptime of the connection so the router hasn't been rebooted

Are you using Wi-Fi?
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Smile Re: Suddenly speed drop

Quote Originally Posted by nige1983 View Post
      If they are on sky bb unlimited there is no fair usage policy. What was you downloading? Were you repeatedly downloading the same item or was the issue happening on various things? Were you connecting wired or wirelessly?
      I am downloading from rapidshare software and other stuff videos.With both same and various thing.I am using wifi.And also i noticed from last night when i check in my laptop the signal goes down its not coming with full bars and also if see in status of wireless LAN the speed vary from 10 to 54 Mbps and signal quality good,fair and excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      Those 2 shots show no change in the uptime of the connection so the router hasn't been rebooted

Are you using Wi-Fi?
      Sorry mate i just did' not rebooted my router.But i right i can see my is increases 15.6-11.5 db.Yes i am using wi-fi.

This problem occur only when start downloading otherwise my web surfing is normal.

Thanks

Try a wired connection, it's likely to be wireless interference causing the problems. If it's better wired, try changing the channel on the router for the wireless

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nige1983 View Post
      I am downloading from rapidshare software and other stuff videos.With both same and various thing.I am using wifi.And also i noticed from last night when i check in my laptop the signal goes down its not coming with full bars and also if see in status of wireless LAN the speed vary from 1 to 54 Mbps and signal quality good,fair and excellent.

Are you using Wi-Fi?
      Sorry mate i just did' not rebooted my router.But i right i can see my is noise margin increases 15.6-11.5 db.Yes i am using wi-fi.

Here the screen shot of where noise margin increase

Here another screen-shot after reboot my router

Exchange:
      Thanks

Try a wired connection, it's likely to be wireless interference causing the problems. If it's better wired, try changing the channel on the router for the wireless
      Sorry for double post my connection goes off sorry.About channel its set on Auto and can you recommend me which channel i have select ?

Thanks

Anything but Auto, try 13 and go from there

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You have a problem on the line somewhere which is causing a large noise spike. This is probably why you are capped at 5024kbps, you would have more than double that with a good line.

To rule out internal issues, plug into the Test socket and take your stats from there.
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

Your reduction in speed is probably due to poor wireless, as already suggested. Download Inssider, link below, and use it to discover the channels in use in your area. Set your router channel to one as far from those in use as possible.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You have a problem on the line somewhere which is causing a large noise spike. This is probably why you are capped at 5024kbps, you would have more than double that with a good line.

To rule out internal issues, plug into the Test socket and take your stats from there.
      How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

Your reduction in speed is probably due to poor wireless, as already suggested. Download Inssider, link below, and use it to discover the channels in use in your area. Set your router channel to one as far from those in use as possible.
      I go to my profile and find i can't go up here few screen shot which explain its my line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast