Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

I have decided I am going to move to sky now I just need to know what will happen.

This is a discussion on I have decided I am going to move to sky now I just need to know what will happen. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I currently have broadband and phone with BE and am going to move them to sky am I right in ...

skyuser2011 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eltham
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have decided I am going to move to sky now I just need to know what will happen.

I currently have broadband and phone with BE and am going to move them to sky am I right in thinking this is what should happen in the moving process.

ring BE ask for MAC>go to sky's website order broadband and phone and enter MAC> sky will take over the line and phone and will activate my service on a certain day>after activation ring BE to make sure the phone and broadband is canceled and to confirm I will be making no further payments to them.

Is this how the process should go and would I only have a few hours down time at most?

I have never transferred phone and broadband at the same time so that is why I want to check I have understood the process correctly.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: I have decided I am going to move to sky now I just need to know what will happen

This is assuming you are on the BE phone network and are moving to the Sky network...

1. BE cancel phone line, Sky take it over. At this point BB will be ceased
      2. Once line is live with Sky BB order will then be placed
      3. BB will go live on given live date
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

skyuser2011 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eltham
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: I have decided I am going to move to sky now I just need to know what will happen

Someone else who also lives in the same house wanted me just to ask this question to check.

The situation you describe as to how the process will work does not count as getting the phone line disconnected and having to pay BT to reconnect it the only service that will be disconnected is broadband for a period?

I am sure that is correct but as I say someone else in the same household wanted me to check just to be sure.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Right...

If you ring 1571 does it say welcome to BT or welcome to BE?

If the latter, Sky need to take the line from BE and move it onto the Sky network. Until the line is active on the Sky network a BB order can't be placed. Once the line is active it's then normal provision time scales (7-10 working days) to go live with Sky BB
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket