Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Getting Sky Broadband...

This is a discussion on Getting Sky Broadband... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I live with my girlfriend at her parents house and they're currently on a Sky package which does not ...

LiamMcArthur is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: None (at the minute)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Post Getting Sky Broadband...

Hi,

I live with my girlfriend at her parents house and they're currently on a Sky package which does not yet include broadband - is it possible to get Sky Broadband in my name/coming out of my bank account on top of their package (or even on a seperate package) in the same household? - or is this something that would have to be in their name due to it being their house? (I'm 20 years of age by the way if that's any help).

Thanks,

Liam McArthur

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Getting Sky Broadband...

You can only have one customer per household so it would have to be in their name and be paid for via the current payment setup.

nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Getting Sky Broadband...

It would need to be adfded to their current sky account so the answer to your question is no. Would they not allow you to do this on their current account. If you took broadband with the evenong and weekend calls package (this is free) the broadband would either be free (everyday lite) or 7.50 p/m (unlimited). Providing you live in an area with an unbundled exchnage (but don't need to go into that at this stage). They would be entering into a 12 month contract for the broadband so if you selected the free service (limited usage) it wouldn't cost them anything on their current bill and if you were to move on in a few months it still wouldn't cost them anything.

Alternatively select unlimited whilst your living their and when the time comes for you to move out you could downgrade them to everyday lite (for a one of fee of 20) and the contract could run its course without them paying anyting.

What Im trying to say is that as long as you pay them the 7.50 per month they shouldn't have an issue with you doing it and although it's a 12 month contract you have ways of it not impacting the in laws financially when you move on (if its in the first 12 months).

Hope this makes sense ramble a bit sometimes.

LiamMcArthur is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: None (at the minute)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Getting Sky Broadband...

That's was my option to try and get it quickly, otherwise I may be waiting ages until they get it installed because it was quite a while ago I brought it up with them - at the minute I'm using a 3 dongle, 1GB monthly download, lasts me about 4 or 5 days

I'll just wait (or wait until I get my own place so I can be in control of what I install in my household.

Thanks anyway!

Liam McArthur