Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow Download Speeds, need help desperately

This is a discussion on Slow Download Speeds, need help desperately within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, been on Sky connect for a little while now and all of a sudden my speed has significately dropped ...

Calminator is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01745
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Slow Download Speeds, need help desperately

Hi, been on Sky connect for a little while now and all of a sudden my speed has significately dropped to about 20kb/s. I cant do anything that involves the internet as loading anything is so slow it stupid. I dont understand as my router says that my Downstream is 8128. I have no test socket as my socket is strange but this has not been a problem. My usual speed is about 500kb/s which is fast for me . I have tried everything and no luck even tried phoning them and they said they couldn't help cos its not their product.

2. Advertisement
      KACE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Slow Download Speeds, need help desperately

when you say 20Kb/s are downloading something off the internet, if so give post a link to compare, general downloads like this are affected by factors beyond your control.

helljohn@yahoo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hilmarton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi...I had similar problem with slow broadband...assuming you use some form of computer cleaning program to get rid of the crap it collects..I downloaded TCPOptimize...after a few clicks my speed was considerable faster. If you decide to give it a try....After Install and When window opens :
      1. accept blurb about security etc..it`s 100% safe to do so.
      2. drag the slider you see to the speed you should get...you will also see information re: your network adapter shown ( you might recognise the name)
      3. select `Optimal settings` button at the bottom right (ensure Backup box is ticked)
      4. apply / exit settings...Ok...and Reboot....that`s it...worth a try ?

TCPOptimize is only 650 kb download file,so hopefully you will be able to....I live in the sticks so I don`t get fast speeds. I was making do with 0.7 Mb/s, after I ran above it went upto 0.98 to 1.1 Mb/s...quite a bit faster considering I get such **** speeds from the off

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

At the end of the day, you are on Connect which is the worst product you could have.The only viable option is to get out now. Just phone Sky and tell them that the product is not fit for purpose and you want to leave. Many people have, good luck.