Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router wouldn't even amber light this morning

This is a discussion on Router wouldn't even amber light this morning within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Turned my router on this morning after turning it off last night (I do this quite often) to find no ...

lumoruk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Router wouldn't even amber light this morning

Turned my router on this morning after turning it off last night (I do this quite often) to find no internet light. No flashing amber on startup no nothing. Done a full reset to factory, pressed the button in the back, repowered on. Removed all phone sockets.

Rang sky tonight he's been doing loads of tests on it and he managed to get it to 7.5meg, he's set it at 9meg but it keeps dropping to 7.5meg. It started off at 11meg so a little puzzled as to what has happened. They are doing a lot of construction work down the road could this be the cause? If so who's heads do I need to knock together to get it sorted or will it self sort

P.S. Sky CS have been ace but he hasn't called me back at 8:30pm as promised.

Cheers.

update: they just rang to say they would be monitoring the line overnight to find the fault, wait for the line to stabilise and increase my speed. Doubt I will get my 11meg back .
      Last edited by lumoruk; 20-01-11 at 10:02 PM. Reason: update

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Router wouldn't even amber light this morning

Really short reply, but if all line tests are passing (CAT test and SELT) then replacing the router is a no brainer, especially if it is a phase 1 netgear from 06/07.

lumoruk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Router wouldn't even amber light this morning

update: lost broadband for 24 days, they had to replace the line as it was shorting 200m from the exchange they are now running speed tests and up to 10meg so far on first day running fine.