Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Transfer from Plusnet to Sky - delays.

This is a discussion on Transfer from Plusnet to Sky - delays. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I hope I am in the correct forum for this - apologies if it should be elsewhere. In December I ...

jingars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Transfer from Plusnet to Sky - delays.

I hope I am in the correct forum for this - apologies if it should be elsewhere.

In December I moved my phone to Sky Talk Unlimited from BT and my broadband from Plusnet to Sky Unlimited. Apart from being forced to use the Sky router, the process was very straightforward and I was off the Internet for some 30 minutes in total.

In the light of this, my In-Laws have decided to do the same, the difference being that they are very light Internet users and so are taking the Sky Broadband Everyday Lite broadband package.

The orders for both the phone and broadband packages are dated 29th December on the Sky system, as detailed via the "My Sky" login.

They were given a transfer date of 17th Jan (i.e. today) from Sky and so asked for a MAC key from Plusnet and gave a termination date. Plusnet has ceased their account today and they are now off the air for broadband.

The in-laws rang Sky last week, who said that the live date of today was only for the telephone transfer, not the broadband service. Sky refused to take details of the MAC key (which I appreciate may not actually be needed as the phones are also coming to Sky), but that the Outlaws should call back once their telephones were definitely with Sky.

Checking via their "My Sky" login (at a neighbour's house - they are off the air), their Sky Talk Unlimited package shows as completed today, bu against their broadband they have the message; "Product: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite - There appears to be a problem with your order, please call Sky Customer Services on 08442 410 515."

On calling customer services, they are told that there is no problem with the order, that they still don't want the MAC key, that the router prep is still in progress, that they cannot tell when it will be shipped, and that they don't know when the broadband service will go live on their line.

They are being told that they could be off the Internet for anything between the next 5 and 21 days.

Their experience of Sky's support could not be more different from mine; I really wish I hadn't told them to make the change.

So, with all the above;

1. Does Sky really have to wait until the telephone package is in place and live before processing the broadband order?

2. Does Sky have to wait for the telephone package to be in place before they can prep and ship a router?

3. Do Sky need a MAC code to process the broadband setup. The Plusnet service on their phone line was stopped today.

4. Any thoughts on why the "My Sky" order status shows their broadband order status in error, yet customer services don't see a problem.

It all sounds like a bit of a mess to me. Thanks for any advice posted.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Transfer from Plusnet to Sky - delays.

If you're going over to SkyTalk and moving onto the Sky network then yes the line needs to be ative before a BB order can be placed. Once placed, this will take 7-10 days. You don't need a MAC code as the line is moving from BT to Sky - hence why your old ISP has ceased as only Sky BB can work on a Sky line
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

But that doesn't explain how I moved from BT for phones and Plusnet for BB and had my Sky Talk and Broadband Unlimited enabled on the very same day.

nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky have 2 ways of processing Talk Line Rental and BB orders,

The first being what you have experienced yourself where they were able to activate both your BB and Line rental on the same day.

The second being where the line rental has to go active before the BB order can be progrossed.

This is due to some sky customers being moved diretly on to SKY Voice and Broadband Network (dependent on which exchnage the line is on) other customers pay their line rental to sky and have the BB service but are classed as Wholesale Line Rental customer. These customers exchnages either don't have any capacity left for them to be on SVBN or sky haven't yet got all their equipment in the exchnage and therefore the line is technically rented from BT by sky. WLR line rental customers have to wait for the line rental to be active before they can process the BB order. As the previous person advised this will take 7-10 days from the day the line went active. As for the router this will be issued shortly after the line rental has been ordered and will be with the inlaws before their activation date. If the line rental has only just gone active a letter will be on the way to the inlaws confirming their BB activation date.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nige1983 For This Useful Post:

jingars (17-01-11)

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Transfer from Plusnet to Sky - delays.

That is most informative - thanks very much indeed.

I just hope that the "problem" status on "My Sky" really is a phantom problem and they get sorted soon.

Thanks

it should be any chance you can post a screen shot of what it says so I can give you a more definitive yes or no? It should be fine because you have verbally been told its fine but it's always nice to be 100% sure.

Thanks

Here you go:

No change in the last 48 hours.

Thanks

appears to be just a standard message. I would double check with 1 more call to make sure as i don't think that message is in real time and might not change straight away. Have any leeters been recieved yet confirming a date for the BB.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nige1983 For This Useful Post:

jingars (20-01-11)

Thanks

Hello Nige,

Letter and email received with live date of Thursday 27th. No router received yet, but that's fair enough.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks

Router will be issued so it arrive a few days before live date. I would expect to recieve it Mon or Tues this week.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast