Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Transfer from Plusnet to Sky - delays.

This is a discussion on Transfer from Plusnet to Sky - delays. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well, Sky has lost a customer. M-I-L rang the helpdesk and asked to speak to a supervisor, who couldn't offer ...

jingars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Transfer from Plusnet to Sky - delays.

Well, Sky has lost a customer.

M-I-L rang the helpdesk and asked to speak to a supervisor, who couldn't offer any information as to;

1. Whether the router had been prepped or shipped
      2. The status of the broadband on the line
      3. Why the "my sky" web interface was showing an error

She was given a live date of tomorrow on an email from Sky.

Absolutely useless.

So she asked to be cancel her order for Sky talk and Broadband. She was put through to cancellations, where she was dealt with in a courteous and efficient manner.

Perhaps Sky should swap their cancellations and helpdesk staff around?

She has re-signed with Plusnet for phone and BB and will be back on the air for BB in 5 days.

What is incredibly frustrating is that she rang Sky on four separate occasions querying why the order status was in error on the "my sky" order status, to be fobbed off with "there's no problem". On one occasion the woman on the other end just put the phone down on her.

Based on this "performance" I am now questioning whether it would be best for me to leave Sky and find an ISP that actually gives a damn.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

If you've got BB then you'd just be cutting your nose off to spite your face. This is just one unfortunate example of when things go wrong but you can't let it taint your view if you've had no issues

For the record, any person in Sky can see when the router was dispatched and give you the tracking number. If it's not dispatched then no one knows anything

The Sky website is a completely different department of Sky who aren't public facing (or weren't when I worked for them) so no one else will know anything

Other than seeing an order placed and the estimated live date no one in Sky can see the progress of the BB (well, no one in technical anyway)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Indeed, its is just one unfortunate example of when things go wrong, but it is also is just one unfortunate example of how the front line customer-facing staff cannot be bothered to exercise any initiative and manage (rather than administer) a call from a customer.

Assuming you have seen the screen prints on the earlier page, I find it inexplicable that the information given by a Sky system to an end user would be out of synch with the information available to Sky staff. When someone calls four times telling you there is a problem, the lights should come on somehwere, shouldn't they?

No-one interested in grasping a problem and resolving it - script monkeys, nothing more.

Thanks

It's not that they don't want to. It's that they can't. There is no room for ownership as it's about getting the call finished and not about seeing it to resolution. If that was the case then nothing would ever get done

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      There is no room for ownership as it's about getting the call finished and not about seeing it to resolution.
      If that genuinely is the Sky support modus operandi then considering a move to another ISP most certainly would not be cutting off my nose to spite my face. What is the point of a helpdesk that isn't interested in helping?

Thanks

Technical will solve an issue but it won't be 1 individual seeing it through - that's what I meant about taking ownership

essenby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Atterclliffe
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Apologies if I'm hijacking this thread, but going back to the differences between types of SKY customer, is there anyway of determining whether, on migration, I would be dealt with as a SKY Voice and Broadband Network customer or as Wholesale Line Rental customer?

Also, a query for the OP @jingars:- Why did you leave PlusNet and have you noticed ANY difference in broadband connection speeds as a result? I am currently a PlusNet customer and have been dithering over migration to SKY for some time but have always viewed it as a "Better the Devil you know" scenario. I've never actuyally spoken with anyone who has made the switch to be able to have any comparisons.

Thanks

If you can get LLU then it'll be better, if not then do NOT leave

nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

essenby when calling to place the order (or enquiring) the advisor can tell you if you will be going onto svbn. When they run the broadband checker (for estimated line speeds) it also tells them what bb packages are available to you and if you're in an svbn network area. Presumbably if you moved you want to be on svbn so bb and phone go avtive at the same time?

Jingars,

Sorry to hear about the poor service. Please raise a letter of complaint becuase in my experience lots of the sky team are helpful. (I was not the enemey- i believe you worked for sky cst from previous posts) Im sure he'll speak up for the majority of the advisors. Raising a letter of complaint my get the issue looked into to stop this happening again and if the call recordings get listened into maybe get a few bums kicked. There is no excuse for not doing everything possible for the customer on every call. Whether you've worked 12 hours and are kanckered or whether it's your first call of the day. Its not difficult and its what they get paid to do.

Thanks

Not worth going on the SVBN, more of a ball ache if you wanna change providers in the future

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast