Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sky router help as mine is not too clever on wireless

This is a discussion on Sky router help as mine is not too clever on wireless within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Buy one of these and connect it to your homeplugs and it will do all you want. TP-Link TL-WR841N Wireless ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky router help as mine is not too clever on wireless

Buy one of these and connect it to your homeplugs and it will do all you want.
      TP-Link TL-WR841N Wireless N Router Atheros: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      welshviking is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shotton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      TP-Link TL-WR841N Wireless N Router Atheros: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Did you right click the wireless icon in the Tray and select 'Search for available networks'? Yes i did that and nothing at all,

Thanks for the other link of the Wireless N Router Atheros that may be the only way to go as i dont really want to break skys terms and conditions just incase i develop a problem...Cheers Colin

Thanks

Many thanks for all your help, i have ordered one of these so hopefully i will be able to get wireless in the rest of the house...Regards Colin

Thanks

Right the router arrived today from Amazon, Read and went through the instructions and i plugged the ethernet lead from one of the powerline adapters into it and Bingo !!! it worked superbly, now got a wireless signal all over the house. I have only 1 slight issue i tried to set up the security on it (WPA-PSK) so you need to enter a code but when i do that it will not work (says limited connection) will it make any differance not having security on it as my Sagem f@st router has the security enable on that router....Cheers Colin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123