Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Peak Times

This is a discussion on Peak Times within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Been a sky broadband user for 3 months now and all has been good untill recently at peak times my ...

xaudiox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wrexham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Peak Times

Been a sky broadband user for 3 months now and all has been good untill recently at peak times my speed has halved and my ping time has gone from 50ms to 300ms (usualy from 7 - 11 PM), outside these hours everything is fine.

Spoke to a call center noob (sounded Malaysian) for about 30 mins trying to explain what "ping" means and got absolutely nowhere as she just said it will be ok tomorrow but it never is the case, is there a direct phone number available so i can talk to someone who at least understands me because as soon as i hear a foreign voice when i call i just hang up, its not worth the hassle.

Thanks in advance !

2. Advertisement
      gw0lgn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Old Colwyn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Peak Times

I was told a few days ago by a sky bod that if you ring before 11pm your likely to get a uk service agent as the uk call centre closes at 11pm. Dunno if its true or not but it has been when I have rang up, Im calling 08442 414 4141 and selecting option 2.

Cheers

xaudiox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wrexham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gw0lgn View Post
      I was told a few days ago by a sky bod that if you ring before 11pm your likely to get a uk service agent as the uk call centre closes at 11pm. Dunno if its true or not but it has been when I have rang up, Im calling 08442 414 4141 and selecting option 2.

Cheers
      OK cheers, ive been ringing late afternoon because i'm working nights this week.
      I'll try first thing in the morning.

gw0lgn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Old Colwyn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Well that blows that theory out the water then :-) as I have been calling late afternoon and getting Uk advisors. You could also try posting in the official sky forums, you may have more luck getting a response there regarding the same than I have had.

Sky Help Forum - Technical Issues - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

Cheers