Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Question About Activation ???

This is a discussion on Question About Activation ??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My Sky BB activation is due tomorrow (4th Oct). This aligns with the BT order tracking which has a 'Provide ...

nheather is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Carfax, Horsham (SDHRSHM)
      Broadband ISP: Paying more to get Unlimited so that I get the same service as the MID I signed up for
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Question About Activation ???

My Sky BB activation is due tomorrow (4th Oct).

This aligns with the BT order tracking which has a 'Provide LLU Service' scheduled for the 4th Oct.

What confuses me is that the BT Order Tracking also has a 'Cease IPStream' scheduled for the 5th Oct.

I would have thought that the two would happen together - how can you have LLU and IPStream at the same time.

Or is it just giving themselves a 5 day buffer in case the 'Provide LLU' gets delayed?

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Nigel

Thats just how BT do it just in case there is a problem it gives them time to fix it beofre your cease complete but it never happens that way, in theory once you are connected to the LLU equipment you should no longer be able to use your old ISP but there have been one or two people on here that have said they have been able to do both.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

pr1970 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ealing LWEA
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I too am being activated on the 4th, my cease date for my old service is the 9th.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep that sounds about right BT like to give it 3 working days mine was the 7th Sept and cease the 12th but due to BT messing things up in my exchange on th e 7th I never had any phone or ADSL from the 7th to the 12th when they fixed there mess then I had it all working as it should.

So I hope you have better luck than me
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here