Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PAINFULLY slow speeds at peak times

This is a discussion on PAINFULLY slow speeds at peak times within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey guys. Recenlty I have started getting painfully slow speeds at peak times, this has never happened before. I am ...

Nizzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Exclamation PAINFULLY slow speeds at peak times

Hey guys.

Recenlty I have started getting painfully slow speeds at peak times, this has never happened before. I am on Sky Connect package and don't download anywhere near 40GB per month. I am an avid gamer and spent 99% of my time on my Xbox 360 and recently it has been disconnecting me from games, giving me "Connection Interrupted" in games I have a 3 bar connection on, lag when on a 3 or 4 bar connection and when noone else in the game is lagging. I am trying to convince my mum on trying to get out of the contract. is this valid? also sometimes youtube videos won't load and i get slowed speeds when it's not peak times.

Thanks, nizzy.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: PAINFULLY slow speeds at peak times

Sky Connect it the WORST package available in the UK today and a complete waste of money. Nothing you can do your end will cure this, you need to move to a better managed ISP.

For a gamer like yourself you should move to the Plugnet Pro Gamers package, you will find 100% improvement on your pings and gaming experience.

Nizzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I will look into getting Plusnet but wouldn't I be better getting an ISP with LLU enabled in my area?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

LLU is usually a better option depending on who it is, O2 were normally put forward but there has been some recent posts about them starting to throttle connections although I am not sure to what level, it certainly won't be as bad as the Sky Connect setup.

The advantage with Plusnet is their gamers package has priority for latency on their network so you should see your pings get as low as they can.