Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Connection problems - noise ADSL line?

This is a discussion on Connection problems - noise ADSL line? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by lukeysl Sky told me that as the Openreach engineer only fixed the wiring a week ago it ...

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Connection problems - noise ADSL line?

Quote Originally Posted by lukeysl View Post
      Sky told me that as the Openreach engineer only fixed the wiring a week ago it takes up to two weeks for the crackle to clear down the line??? surely that cant be right?
      Err, who told you that? First time I've ever heard anything like that.

Honestly, at this point it sounds like a faulty router.

2. Advertisement
      nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

doesn't sound normal to me. As for the 2 weeks for the crackle to go away. THat's complete rubbish and a fob of if you ask me. I would call up again an push the issue because if you wait 2 weeks the noise will still be there. Ring Sky tech. Let them raise a fault advise them clearly you have tired 2 x phones 1 wired into test socket with different filters and the noise is still there. Ring from your mobile so they can test the line for you (which will most probably test ok) your case will then be passed to CST insist on being xfrd to them rather than wiaitng for a call back. CST will then re log this with openreach for a noise engineer to take a look at this for you. Push this as you know its not internal so you can't be charged. As your other fault would have been closed by the bt engineer this will be raised as a repeat fault so BT Openreach will investigate further this time surely. They must have agreements in place with LLU's regarding clearing problems and problem re-appearing straight away. Hope this helps

nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

it does sound like the router has a problem but cracklingis still their on the line with 2 different phones in test socket. I presume you tried the 2 phones without the router connected just to prove a fault out to the line somewhere?

lukeysl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

hi all, the new router has arrived and it appears to have removed the fax noises on the line, and so far no orange light when I come to the router in the morning / after work - but I still have a crackling noise onthe landline, both via the filter and direct into the test socket - so perhaps i've had two faults all along. I will do as per the previous post and push through Sky / CST for the line fault. Appricate all the help chaps - will report back. Great forum

lukeysl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Ok all, so called up and got BT Openreach to further investigate. No noise at exchange, line test ok etc. Engineer tested outside the house tho and saw a small loop back interferance. also when the checked the wiring outside the wire broke again, obivously a brittle / broken wire even tho the previous guy stripped it back.
      Switched to a different pair and tested it - all good. No noise at all now, and weirdly im up to 1.7mb download speed even on a Saturday night!!!! so in a way handy I had the crackle as all the enhancements ive made + this dodgy wire and been resolved.

Ta for all the help - fingers crossed the case is closed!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123