Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can you tell if DLM has capped your connection?

This is a discussion on Can you tell if DLM has capped your connection? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just wondered if DLM has capped my connection. I was getting 13-15mbs until about a month ago, and since then ...

vandinz Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Can you tell if DLM has capped your connection?

Just wondered if DLM has capped my connection. I was getting 13-15mbs until about a month ago, and since then it's slowly dropped. Now it's stuck at around 8.5 - 9.5mbs. Could I have been capped by DLM (I was getting a few disco's around the time it dropped but then they stopped).

It may be that the DLM has found my best speed but I was on the 13+ speed for ages before it started to drop, so unless the line went faulty (which apparenlty it hasn't) then I don't understand why my line would now only support 9.5mb max.

Cheers.

2. Advertisement
      simon194 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDHAS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub with Billion 8800NL in bridge mode
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Can you tell if DLM has capped your connection?

Quote Originally Posted by vandinz View Post
      Just wondered if DLM has capped my connection. I was getting 13-15mbs until about a month ago, and since then it's slowly dropped. Now it's stuck at around 8.5 - 9.5mbs. Could I have been capped by DLM (I was getting a few disco's around the time it dropped but then they stopped).

It may be that the DLM has found my best speed but I was on the 13+ speed for ages before it started to drop, so unless the line went faulty (which apparenlty it hasn't) then I don't understand why my line would now only support 9.5mb max.

Cheers.
      Check your downstream SNR, if it's significantly higher than around 7dB then it would appear your connection is capped.