Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Not moving to Sky

This is a discussion on Not moving to Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all It looks now that I will not be moving to Sky Broadband as I thought a short time ...

esiotrot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not moving to Sky

Hi all
      It looks now that I will not be moving to Sky Broadband as I thought a short time ago.

The situation in RG6 appears to be this:

1. Originally I was told that LLU was enabled at my exchange (Reading Earley) and that I was "in net" and the Max service was available, although not at the maximum D/L speed because of the distance to the exchange.
      2. Later I was told that in fact the Max service was not available and I was actually "out net" (their phrase not mine). However I could go with connect until the Max service came available (end of the year??)
      3. I then found out that they would be charging me 17.99pm - not unreasonable as they are re-selling the BT package. On top of that they wanted to charge me the 40 connection fee as well.
      4. Finally I found out that the reason I was unable to get the Max service was because "The exchange is full and we would have to re-route through another exchange further away!!"
      5. Lastly BT (obviously wanting to keep and existing customer who had been with them 9 years!) offered me a discount on their ADSLMax service. When I added in the cost of BT Premium e-mail so that I could keep my e-mail addresses when I moved to Sky, the BT package is actaully cheaper.

To summarise, I'm locked in to BT for 12 months which is OK because their service to me has always been excellent and I will look at Sky next year.

Good luck to you all and get those bugs worked out soon

Peter

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am sorry to see this Peter

As for them saying they have to re-route through another exchange thats rubbish for that to happen BT would have to move your line lock stock and barrel and there is no way BT would do that.

If the Easynet equipment is full all they have to do is sort that out.

Well good luck with BT.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Ronni is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Barnabas, EMSTBBS
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @ esiotrot

I was in a Very similar situation as you!

I spent hours n hours on the phone with SKY BB

Firstly, a customer services advisor told me to cut my line with Pipex so they can get me connected to the MID Package - THEY LIED!

The same day, Technical Services However, told me that my local eachange is now full & that was the reason I was rejected. (They could have called me)

Spoke to another Technical Services Ad. & seconded that my exhange is full, & you are no longer Welcome! they offered me the connect package until they upgrade to more equipment. (they said could take from 2/3 months to not knowing)

Of course I dident take their unreasonable offer

Like you esitrot, Went back to my current ISP - Pipex & they offered me a better package than previous.
      Last edited by Ronni; 03-10-06 at 01:00 PM. Reason: missed few words

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Don't you just love how the losing ISP can pull rabbits out of there hats to keep there customers

Good luck to you both who knows once your new contracts are up SkyBB could be all sorted out and you will be back
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @Wheelie

You are probably right.

Pipex & BT etc. are probably havin a great time to hear that SKY BB are not having joyful period currently.

Take the example of Me, CaptainK & My brother-in-law (kenton Rd Exchange)
      We were all with Pipex.

I was messed around & returned to Pipex
      Brother-in-Law got absolutly nowhere with SKYBB due to lack of communication on SKY BB's Part. He is Also going back to Pipex
      CaptainK (lives few doors away / same Exchange as me) Was promised a date for activation. Its come & gone. Don't know wether he'll hold onto sky bb through this rough period.

As I said before, I would not recommend SKY BB to anyone (I did to my brother-in-law & was a mistake) UNTIL SKY BB sorts out their problems.

I must say again, that this forum (Wheelie & Co.) has really helped me to understand facts that I wasn't aware of & was definitly informative. Think SKY BB Customer services should take note.
      Last edited by Ronni; 03-10-06 at 01:29 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well I am pleased that you are all sorted out with Pipex as I said maybe you will try SkyBB again who knows please do keep using the forum though, just because the 3 of you will not be with SkyBB doesn't mean you cannot post on here.

I am please you found the forum useful and so will all the other forum staff and members who do try to help and give advice where and when they can so thank you for you kind words.
      Ray

click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @ Wheelie.

Thanks You!...

Note. CaptainK has NOT yet left SKYBB. He may hold on & persue through this rough period...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      No Problem

Well who knows once he gets it he may be happy with it, I know I am
      Ray

click here