Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Keeps D/Cing then redirecting my to sky 192. site

This is a discussion on Keeps D/Cing then redirecting my to sky 192. site within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My sky wireless has been great very reliable had it working for 5-6 months now, and today has pretty much ...

dannyboi100 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Keeps D/Cing then redirecting my to sky 192. site

My sky wireless has been great very reliable had it working for 5-6 months now, and today has pretty much drived me up the wall.

drops out every 5 mins randomly. Cant get through to sky, maybe because its christmas hours, taking me ages to write this because keeps d/C

heres my stats:-

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 12285 kbps 921 kbps
      Line Attenuation 31.5 db 16.0 db
      Noise Margin 7.6 db 7.5 db

My router will be fine then i D/C and the routr will have 2 green lights and 1 flashing amber one. then take ages to reconnect.

Anyone know if this is an area problems in the Essex south east area or any solutions?

thanks

Ps. I have changed channel to one not being used by other wireless networks,

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Keeps D/Cing then redirecting my to sky 192. site

The internet light going off and being redirected to the RSP means you're dropping sync. According to the Sky Faults Page, there are no issues logged but it's usually way behind in all honesty. Regardless, reasons for dropping sync are usually found internally. Plug into the test socket with just a filter and the short grey dsl cable that Sky provided and re-take the stats:

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Keeps D/Cing then redirecting my to sky 192. site

taking me ages to write this because keeps d/C
      When you are in this position the best thing to do is type your post out on a Document or Notepad page, then copy it and paste it into the post as soon as your connection is up.

If you can, it is better to stick with ethernet until the drop outs are fixed. That way, wireless drop outs don't confuse the issue.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.