Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Strange

This is a discussion on Strange within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme Surely that is an RS problem, nothing to do with Sky blocking the site, rather RS ...

poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Surely that is an RS problem, nothing to do with Sky blocking the site, rather RS blocking Sky users. The most common reason for the site being blocked occasionally, is some scumbag uploading objectionable material, which is picked up by the IWF.
      They don't block all Sky users at the same time So yes, it is Sky. Sky are monitoring popular download sites and fiddling with your connection, to deter you from downloading 24/7. That's what it is **** man, I love how I know how things work and I don't need proof. .

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poorbroadband View Post
      **** man, I love how I know how things work and I don't need proof. .
      You know jack, your constant posting of unproven drivel does you no favours. Prove what you are claiming or no one will take your posts seriously.

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poorbroadband View Post
      They don't block all Sky users at the same time So yes, it is Sky. Sky are monitoring popular download sites and fiddling with your connection, to deter you from downloading 24/7. That's what it is **** man, I love how I know how things work and I don't need proof. .
      The problem is usually caused by Sky's IWF filtering system redirecting your traffic via one of Sky's IWF proxies, this results in rapidshare receiving all sky access from just a handful of IP addresses, and that would cause rapidshare's servers to limit access. I would think the issue could be fixed if the filtering proxies were modified to spoof the user's IP addresses.

It is possible to confirm that a proxy is filtering a domain by using a TCP trace program on port 80 and comparing the route to a normal trace route.

It is possible to avoid the issue with rapidshare, because their domain has different IP addresses in different countries, to improve traffic routing, and the IWF blacklist only filters the UK ones, so you can use the host file fix mentioned here:- How to Resolve RapidShare Style Website Blocks by Broadband ISPs − ISPreview UK
      Last edited by fuzzy logic; 03-01-11 at 02:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12