Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow Sync Speed With Sagem

This is a discussion on Slow Sync Speed With Sagem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I recently noticed that my download speeds were a bit slower than usual, and HD content on Youtube ...

whammer007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01294
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Angry Slow Sync Speed With Sagem

Hi all,

I recently noticed that my download speeds were a bit slower than usual, and HD content on Youtube was buffering a bit as well.
      My sync speed has gone from almost 9000 to less than 6000, and guess what, the Sagem firmware has been updated to 2.8.
      I tried emailing Sky (I really hate phoning them) the replied with the usual "baby steps" approach, i.e. plug into master socket with nowt else etc.
      I've done all this and filled out their troubleshooter and sent it back. 2 days later I get another email asking me to log my speeds at a BT (i'm still with BT for my phone) speedtest site which didn't accept my details.
      Got fed up and decided to phone them.
      The guy was very pleasant, but unable to help. He told me that my line was actually faster than it should be and had never been faster than 5Mbps before.
      He said he was putting in a request to have the line speed increased, and that it had been rejected. He also made reference to the fact that I was a BT customer. (are they trying to force me to take their voice line?)
      Anyway, he wasn't interested in the firmware argument the MER migration or that the Sagem router was a POS that I wouldn't have chosen in a million years.
      He happily gave me the Customer Complaints address, and offered to pass me through when I threatened to cancel my broadband.
      All in all a pleasant but ultimately futile support call.
      Sometimes i REALLY hate SKY!

Sorry about the rant, I'm just a tiny bit frustrated.

Regards,

Colin

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Slow Sync Speed With Sagem

Try a reset of the router. Push a biro point into the reset hole on the rear and hold it there for 30 secs.

Post your stats. How to get your router statistics

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whammer007 View Post
      He said he was putting in a request to have the line speed increased, and that it had been rejected. He also made reference to the fact that I was a BT customer. (are they trying to force me to take their voice line?)
      Anyway, he wasn't interested in the firmware argument the MER migration or that the Sagem router was a POS that I wouldn't have chosen in a million years.
      Sounds like he thinks you are on sky connect, when you are actually on Sky LLU

Some people who had speed issues after the firmware update, have reported a marked improvement after factory resetting the router.

Thanks

Hiya,

That's all been done, I have tried everything. I don't like phoning them, so I'm always thorough with my checks.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Let's see your stats:

How to get your router statistics

Thanks

Hmm, seems to have jumped up a bit since I complained.
      Not back to what it was tho.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slow Sync Speed With Sagem-router.jpg  

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You are on G.DMT, probably because your line is unstable with ADSL2+. Your attenuation in in the no man's land where speeds on the two modes are likely to be similar. It might be worth calling them and asking for your upload to be increased and at the same time ask for your line to be tried on ADSL2+. You might get a bit more out of it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.