Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Due to be connected by 30th Nov......now not until mid January. Poor show!

This is a discussion on Due to be connected by 30th Nov......now not until mid January. Poor show! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi My broadband was due to be connected on 30th November and I was given stories about Tie Pairs and ...

garyfromdurham is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Due to be connected by 30th Nov......now not until mid January. Poor show!

Hi

My broadband was due to be connected on 30th November and I was given stories about Tie Pairs and problems with the exchange.

After many phone calls and reassurances that it was being sorted I eventually found out today that BT have rejected the order because Sky didn't notify them to activate the line.

The order was rejected by BT on 17th.

I have to wait 10 days until the 27th December for it to be stopped and the Sky have to re-apply and send me out another activation date.

This is estimated to be around mid January.

I am really disappointed, angry and genuinely upset. I am a grown man of 43 and nearly in tears with frustration just to get to the bottom of this and for somebody to actually try and help me to get it resolved.

I have been constantly fobbed off and told lies.

Is there anything I can do to be compensated for my phone calls, time and lack of Internet?

I wish that I had never joined Sky and rate them as the worst company I have dealt with.

If anybody can give me advice on what I can do I really would appreciate the help.

Thanks very much

Gary

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Due to be connected by 30th Nov......now not until mid January. Poor show!

It is always difficult to get to the bottom of who is actually responsible for a mess like this. Neither BT or Sky are known to be completely honest. Both will tell lies passing the blame to the other.

Keep a record of the phone calls you have had to make and submit a claim to Sky when the matter is resolved. There is not much chance of getting compensation for the lack of internet, but it is worth having a moan about it to them. They may agree to give you some credits in compensation. Sky are quite good at compensating disappointed customers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Due to be connected by 30th Nov......now not until mid January. Poor show!

It's unfortunate that this has happened but it could've happened with anyone - not just Sky.

Tie pair issues are notoriously long winded and there's not a lot you, the customer, can do as it's between Sky and BT. If BT didn't 'activate' the line but Sky had activated the port it should've been a simple case of BT engineer to the exchange to literally 'plug it in'

It sounds like there's more to it than that but as to what I don't know
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket