Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tempting Fate

This is a discussion on Tempting Fate within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Had my BAND on 15th September but Connect only so didn't bother. Had e-mail from Samknows re unbundling last Wednesday ...

Tyland is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidstone, Kent
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tempting Fate

Had my BAND on 15th September but Connect only so didn't bother. Had e-mail from Samknows re unbundling last Wednesday so asked F2S for a Mac code. Mac arrived Thursday so ordered Mid package that afternoon.
      At 11 p.m. Sunday night I had e-mail from F2S saying service would cease on 12th October. I checked BT tracker and the necessary 2 orders had appeared (not there at 7 p.m.) with activation on 9th. The router has just arrived!!!
      I know there is still the one more big hurdle to cross but so far it does appear that they can get it right some of the time...a remark I will possibly come to regret but if it does go pear shaped now it will have to be BT's fault.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Tyland

Thats good news and yep they do get it right and I would say a lot more than people would care to admit.

Good luck for the 9th
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

deano_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wickersley
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Totally agree, the majority of people who visit these boards are people with problems who dont have anywhere else to turn for support.

I think thats why the board would seem to have a negative slant so its good to here good news also.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes thats so true and its always been that way the satisfied customers do tend to be less vocal that those with problems.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      That's true - I've been very vocal in my worries about no communication, lack of people at Sky who sound confident and my router...

... however, I now have the router, so will be connected within 6 hours, I guess!

I think what would make people calmer is getting the router to them well before their start date (not on the same day!) and getting their agents to only read what is on the screen, rather then guessing. I'm sure they don't all do it - but for worriers like me who get a different message each time they phone up *shudder*

Well, hopefully I'll be moving into the Sky Happiness forum tomorrow

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Got away with tempting fate as activation due today and happened just after midday!!!
      Gone from 512k to 2080 download so very happy.

My attenuation is 63.5 (miles from Exchange and house does not have the master socket) so content with speed but a little concerned that the noise margin of 7.6 has already dropped to 7.4.

Perhaps you had better put this thread in the "Happy" forum before it drops any further.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

P.S. I can also get into the Skybroadband portal already!!