Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No router

This is a discussion on No router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi new person on this forum. We are due to go to sky on Monday but we have not got ...

anmarj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

No router

Hi

new person on this forum.

We are due to go to sky on Monday but we have not got the router from them, we have the discs (x 3), not sure if the router comes via Royal mail, but it has not turned up yet. Can I use my existing router until the mail comes (could be a while as well as snow, there are new delivery procedures in place which means it could be at least a week before anything appears anyway) and if so, what do we do to set up?

Thanks

Kay

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: No router

You can only use the Sky router as your details like the username and password are hard coded in it. Because of the weather your router is probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere but there isn't much Sky or anyone else can do but wait.

gw0lgn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Old Colwyn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I'm in the same boat mine was posted on the 8th of Dec and sky gave me a tracking number, its been sat in the royal mail national distribution centre since then. I migrated on the 14th and have been without broadband since then. Cant blame sky as they sent it in plenty of time, I know the weather was bad before the 8th but has been ok up untill the last few days, you gotta love royal fail :-)

anmarj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

thanks for that, if the original order had gone through correctly in the first place, I am sure we would of been set up by now(third party through sky - but that's another story) although Sky were good when we realised it had not gone through and waviered the charges for us, just a pain that's all.

gw0lgn - did you have to ask for the tracking number or was it sent automatically?

Thanks

I rang up and asked, they gave it me no problem, Im using a mobile connection at the moment and before I got that sorted when I rang up they would track it for me. Im not happy with the situation but I cant blame Sky, Royal Mail are blaming the weather but my item was posted after the last round of bad weather and as sat in the same place for 10 days so Im not hopefull of getting my broadband back soon.

nobroadband is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southminster
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gw0lgn View Post
      I'm in the same boat mine was posted on the 8th of Dec and sky gave me a tracking number, its been sat in the royal mail national distribution centre since then. I migrated on the 14th and have been without broadband since then. Cant blame sky as they sent it in plenty of time, I know the weather was bad before the 8th but has been ok up untill the last few days, you gotta love royal fail :-)
      I was lucky then, my router arrived Friday ,as far as I can tell Sky forgot to send my router & only sent it on the 13th after my phone call to them on the 10th .The broadband order date shows as 28th November & router order date 10th December on my Sky account .My migration day was the 14th too .

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

As suggested, if you call Sky they can give you the tracking number which you can then track the router via the following link:

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm...ome&gear=track

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

If you can get hold of a second hand sky router or even just the details from it required by the password generation site (note the details required depend on the model) , then I think they should work on your sky connection, providing the router hasn't been blacklisted and the login details are not still being used by the previous owner. Even a faulty or bricked one would do, providing it isn't the new d-link model.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy logic View Post
      If you can get hold of a second hand sky router or even just the details from it required by the password generation site (note the details required depend on the model) , then I think they should work on your sky connection, providing the router hasn't been blacklisted and the login details are not still being used by the previous owner. Even a faulty or bricked one would do, providing it isn't the new d-link model.
      Thanks for the info, I have rang round a few friends to see if any of them have a router I could get the details off but no luck, will keep trying as not looking forward to Christmas with no broadband and my wife is now starting to complain about no farmville :-)

Thanks

Sky have now said my router wont arrive and have given me a new tracking number for a different router, suprise suprise its sat in the same distribution centre as the last one, I just hope it's not going to spend 12 days there like the last one. Goes from bad to worse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast