Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No router

This is a discussion on No router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by gw0lgn Sky have now said my router wont arrive and have given me a new tracking number ...

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: No router

Quote Originally Posted by gw0lgn View Post
      Sky have now said my router wont arrive and have given me a new tracking number for a different router, suprise suprise its sat in the same distribution centre as the last one, I just hope it's not going to spend 12 days there like the last one. Goes from bad to worse!
      Check it everyday for the next 2 days and if it shows no sign of moving give Sky another call. Royal Snail/ Parcelfarce really are not endearing themselves to anyone this Christmas.

2. Advertisement
      gw0lgn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Old Colwyn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy logic View Post
      If you can get hold of a second hand sky router or even just the details from it required by the password generation site (note the details required depend on the model) , then I think they should work on your sky connection, providing the router hasn't been blacklisted and the login details are not still being used by the previous owner. Even a faulty or bricked one would do, providing it isn't the new d-link model.
      I thought about getting a router off Ebay to do that but didnt know if my account would get blocked for using another persons login details. Both my routers that sky have sent are stuck at Royal Mails distribution centre.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

There is every chance that anything bought from eBay would end up stuck in the same depot. I have bought half a dozen from eBay and all connected. It depends on whether it has actually been scanned into Sky's system or if the original user has been blocked. You can't tell until you try it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      There is every chance that anything bought from eBay would end up stuck in the same depot.
      Wouldn't matter if the seller is willing to email the correct details required to generate a username & password (or to extract them off a d-link) before, or instead of posting.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy logic View Post
      Wouldn't matter if the seller is willing to email the correct details required to generate a username & password (or to extract them off a d-link) before, or instead of posting.
      That is true. I have a Sagem for sale and if the OP is willing, I will sell him it and send him the Log on details by email/PM. I will even set it up to access Sky using the latest Sagem firmware. To speed things up I will accept payment by PayPal.
      Routers for Sale
      The DG834GT is sold, I must amend my post.

Here is the Sagem connected to Sky with the latest firmware. resync changed the IP address so I don't mind it being shown
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No router-sagem.jpg  
      Last edited by Isitme; 22-12-10 at 10:16 PM.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gw0lgn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Old Colwyn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Thanks for the help and advice Guys, my router turned up this morning so all is well with the world, had to go to the sorting office, got my router and all my bills for the last 3 weeks thought my letter box had been hadnt been busy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12