Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Support Call Fun

This is a discussion on Support Call Fun within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Last night I called tech support as my conneciton was down all day getting the error code 300 on the ...

tinx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax SDHRSHM
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Support Call Fun

Last night I called tech support as my conneciton was down all day getting the error code 300 on the router. Got through to tier 1 straight away and had an idiot on the phone who knew nothing firs tit took three attempts to get my phone number correct and tried to get me to log on to the router even though I told her I wa slogged on to the router and had an error 300 from the sky test. She even then told me to click the sky test button even though I had told her that I had done it and had error code 300.

Eventually the penny dropped and she said she would transfer me to tier 3. and so the hold time began 45 minutes later the same engineer came back and apologised for the wait and said someone would be with me soon, then as if by magic my internet conneciton sprung into life. I feel this is more than a coincidence so held on and no one answered for another five minutes as the counte ron my phone hit 1 hour I decided to hang up happy I had my conneciton back but a little ocncerned that they didn't bother to answer the phone even though they had clearly fixed the problem for me.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Damn thats not good but from what you are saying the person you spoke with on TS told tier 3 about the problem and gave all your details over and they found and fixed it without the need to talk to you, I think you should send them an email and complain as holding on the line for no reason is bad news.

But am happy to see your all working again
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

tinx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax SDHRSHM
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks wheelie, good idea I'll send in a letter of complaint see what they have to say for themselves.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Go for it
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here