Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

ADSL Link Down - Problem

This is a discussion on ADSL Link Down - Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello there, I have a problem with my sky router, it's been going on for about a year now and ...

Fungle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy ADSL Link Down - Problem

Hello there,

I have a problem with my sky router, it's been going on for about a year now and it's getting on my nerves more and more. this is the problem:

Every 2 - 5 Weeks the router will have a "Time of the Month" and for a few days the router will be useless and constantly drop connection at random intervals. This is incredibly annoying when I am uploading things to my FTP Server or talking to someone important on Skype!

I have tried changing the ADSL filter with 5 different ones, Resetting the router and BT previously checked our line when we were with them and it was fine (We also never had an ADSL problem with BT).

I recieve a new log entry when it happens, I just reset my router so it isn't there at the moment, But it is always "Kernal intrusion" then it giving status on the ADSL going down and going back up.

I consider myself very good with Computing and Programming but the log does not make a whole lot of sense.

Also I have a second problem which is:

Sky Player, Which we SHOULD get on an unlimited package has stopped working for the 5th time since we have been with sky. The problem here is that we can watch on demand TV for free with our relevant package, but we can't watch live TV with it. I also find that MS Silverlight (Technology that Sky Player is built upon) Keeps the device ID in the Cache, Which means if I were to clear my Silverlight cache (which I do) I have to wait a month before I can even watch on demand stuff again!

Any advice would be much appreciated, I think it is the router that is the problem, but I can just sense that getting a replacement means several weeks of waiting so they can try everything under the sun to see if they can get it to stop.

Note: I do not download large amounts of data, So I don't think that is it.

Its a strange problem since it only happens every once in a while [ 2 - 5 weeks] which makes it harder to work out..
      Last edited by Fungle; 12-12-10 at 05:21 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Fungle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: ADSL Link Down - Problem

Update: I reset the router again via the red button in the back of it, before I did I noticed it was on a MER network connection, Which I have had problems with before, It has changed back to PPPoA Network so hopefully it won't be so unreliable.

Update 2: There hasn't been disconnections since the last message, It also has not gone back to a MER Network type, I think this might be the cause...

Also I have lost 1Mbps of speed for some reason.. usually its 8 now its 6.7
      Last edited by Fungle; 12-12-10 at 05:24 AM.