Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky connect question

This is a discussion on Sky connect question within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Don't look like I'm In luck then for the forseeable future in regards to bt getting 21cn in my exchange ...

skyconnectsufferer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: holland on sea
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky connect question

Don't look like I'm
      In luck then for the forseeable future in regards to bt getting 21cn in my exchange :-/

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

TalkTalk got themselves a bad name when the started and are having a job living it down. However my neighbour has them and is very happy, he took them after Sky messed him around and has not regretted it..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I will keep that in mind but am put off by that hefty 18 month contract :-/ and I also heard correct me if it is wrong but you have to their telephone service or line rental at least to get the broadband, also how would I get on in reguards to Ping and traffic prioritisation? That aspect is quite important to me as a gamer

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

If you're a gamer ANYHING is better than Connect

Serious note, TalkTalk allow the use of Fastpath on their line profiles so you should get a decent ping time. No idea on traffic shaping, though
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Sorry for confusion, I'm on plusnet pro's gamer service so I'm getting a great speed/ping/and prioritised service all day so happy as can be but doubling my download speed would be great but not at the expense of no prioritised traffic etc

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Gaming isn't the be all and end all, but end of the day you do what you gotta do. Better upstream will help on the gaming side I'd imagine. Only thing you can do is speak to them (TalkTalk) and see what they can offer
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

I don't game anywhere what I used to time-wise(the kids put an end to that) but when I do I want to have only me not being good enough in a match to blame and not have my connection performance letting me down, that's what I love about plusnet pro package, you only get 20gb allowance each month and it isn't cheap but in return you get all the traffic prioritised so I'm getting the best I can within the constraints of asdl max but having double the download speed would be nice but I only just switched over to bt talk plan from sky so bouth month ago so talk talk is a non starter for me, would love to get adsl2 on the plusnet package though If that became available to me one day

Thanks

Wow talk talk really need to retrain their sales people, I rang them today enquiring about their broadband, I thought it worth a try to see if they negotiate the contract term down to 12 months and the sales guy on the line said that there is no leeway on the length which is fair enough but then he had the cheek to say that all ISPs are 18 months so naturally I told him that isn't the case, sky 12 months and plusnet and idnet do rolling contracts and when I mentioned sky being 12 he said yeah but if you go on sky you would be stuck and wouldn't be able to change from them! I.e. Even if 12 months was up that's it no going elsewhere lol! Unbelievable before I carry on writing the end of conversation as I write I just had a "follow up call" from matt at talk talk I think his name was " hi there it's matt from talk talk bla bla bla just calling bla bla I understand You didn't want to go through with the order because of the 18 months being too long? Is that correct? "Yeah it's just too...." and before I could carry on talking the line was disconnected! What a way to treat people! So angry but I'm finding it funny how bad they are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12