Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still waiting......

This is a discussion on Still waiting...... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Activation date was due to be 19/09/06, but still waiting. Given up phoning SKY as I'm bored listening to the ...

Shags is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wokingham
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Still waiting......

Activation date was due to be 19/09/06, but still waiting. Given up phoning SKY as I'm bored listening to the same message (delay at your exchange....)

BUT!
      Checking on the BT order system, I still get the same message - "We weren't able to retrieve your order information. This could be a temporary system issue, please try again later."

However, when checking on DSL Zone UK (http://www.dslzoneuk.net/order_tracker.php?) I get this message - "ADSL is activated on this line and there are no open orders on the BT system. (Migrations excluded)"
      Now bearing in mind that this wasn't a migration as I moved into the house on 17th July 2006 and this is the first BB connection I've had (or hope to have) since then, which system should I believe?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Shags

Couple of things to look at one is http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php if there is ADSL on your line it should tell you and you should see something like this
      Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
      However, your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator such as Be, Bulldog or Easynet. Moving to another provider may require a cease and re-provide, which may result in loss of service for a few days.
      You can also call this number ( posted by Buzbe. track my order status.... 0800 800 150 for those of you interested) not sure who affective it is but anything has to be better than the checker message.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

geeewar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi there

I carried out your recommended check and got the message about LLU, but what does it mean exactly ??

Regards
      Geeewar
      Last edited by Wheelie; 03-10-06 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post.Please use QUOTE sparingly please use @User Name this helps keep the forum tidy thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site geeewar

To the best of my knowledge it means that your line is connected to the LLU equipment in your exchange.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

geeewar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ok ray, thanks for the info. I'm now 4 weeks without a connection, hope they get this sorted out asap.

Cheers

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      After 4 weeks I would sure like to think so as well

Best I can say to you is good luck when it happens.
      Ray

click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

OK, I get the "unbundled by an LLU operator" messgae, so ADSL is on my line.

I think it's basically going to be a long phone call to SKY over the next couple of evenings to find out the delay and just keep nagging until something happens.

I suppose it is only two weeks since my activation date, so compared with others here, not as bad as it could be!

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Bt Tracker said my exchange went LLU 26th September and my i light came on 28th September so you could be as lucky as I was.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well eventually got through to SKY (thanks to those on the forums who posted the 0800 number!), and got through to another woman who sounded like she was just going through the motions.

When she said that there was a delay with BT I asked whether this was days, weeks or months. She guaranteed it wouldn't be months - let's hope so for her sake as I do have her name if that happens.
      She did however say that it was likely to be another two weeks before I was activated, which will make 4 weeks after my initial activation date.

She also promised that someone would phone me to let me know when I was going to go active - now seeing as Sky say on their "Not Long Now" letter that they will let you know of any line activation delays and I haven't heard a thing, I'm not holding out much hope of that.

Oh well, just keep watching the "i" and hope it turns green.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      At this point any sign of life on the "i" would be a god send for you I bet

I hope they do call you and get you sorted.
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast