Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem 2.8 Firmware update

This is a discussion on Sagem 2.8 Firmware update within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, After a poke around in my router's settings screen today i noticed that my firmware had been updated ...

orbiter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCFOM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Netgear D7800 (AC2600) Nighthawk
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Sagem 2.8 Firmware update

Hi all,

After a poke around in my router's settings screen today i noticed that my firmware had been updated to version 2.8 I also notice that a couple of guys were mentioning that they don't notice any difference in the new FW version options, however there are a couple of changes...

One of the new things I noticed were the new options underneath the security tab, these include a check button for WPA2-PSK (AES) and another for WPA/WPA2-PSK (mixed mode.) I've now changed mine over so that my router is using WPA2-PSK (AES) for added security.
      NOTE: If you try this you'll also need to change the network properties security type (on your computer,) to match the router settings. Have your router screen login name & password ready just incase you need them.

The other thing I noticed which had changed was under the Advanced tab > Wan Setup.. My MTU size for WAN had gone form the stock size of 1500 bytes to 1478 So I've changed that back to 1500

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sagem 2.8 Firmware update

If you look at the status page you may see that your Network Type has changed from PPPoA to MER and under Modem your VCI has changed to 40. If this is the case, you might want to change the MTU back.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

orbiter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCFOM
      Router: Netgear D7800 (AC2600) Nighthawk
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: Sagem 2.8 Firmware update

Thanks isitme but my network is still showing as PPPoA and Modem VCI is 38. This is with MTU at 1500.

EDIT... I've set that MTU setting back to 1478 bytes. I'm just wondering if it will help with watching You Tube clips, especially the longer ones, as I have trouble sometimes with the download bar stopping and starting. Sometimes the clips just pack-in altogether. Perhaps I'm loosing some data packets with the value at 1500 and it's not helping? I'll try it anyway.

regards

orb
      Last edited by orbiter; 24-11-10 at 06:39 PM.