Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Connection Keeps Dropping

This is a discussion on Connection Keeps Dropping within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, my sky max connection has started to intermitantly drop this week but it is literally for 2 mins ...

lloydi200182 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: lowestoft
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Connection Keeps Dropping

Hi guys, my sky max connection has started to intermitantly drop this week but it is literally for 2 mins at a time, this can be very frustrating when I am trying to play on xbox live as it boots me out of games and off live. From what I can see there is no change to the lights on the router which is a Netgear DG934G.

On my PC when it drops I get a little yellow warning marker over the network connection icon in the bottom corner of windows which dissapears when the connection becomes live again.

My PC is running on a set of homeplugs which appear to be working fine, my Xbox is plugged straight into the router with an ethernet cable which makes me think it is either the connection itself or the router as both the PC and xbox are affected although connected differently. I have also noticed as you can see below that my connection has dropped slightly from 16...... to 15357

Here is my stats, I hope this helps

Router Statistics

System Up Time: 23:24:23
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 4995 6086 0 1372 5446 00:16:07
      LAN 100M/Full 463079 538313 0 5090 1127 23:24:18
      WLAN 11M/54M 101342 47401 0 1142 65 23:24:06

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 15357 kbps 884 kbps
      Line Attenuation 26 db 16 db
      Noise Margin 7 db 6 db

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Connection Keeps Dropping

Take your stats in the Test socket, link below, and post them please.

Your internet connection is dropping as you are only showing an up time of 16 minutes, much less than your LAN, which has been up for a day.

If you are not using wireless, turn it off as it is using resources and is a security risk.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.