Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sky traffic shaping?

This is a discussion on Sky traffic shaping? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Your uploading should not affect your browsing, not even a tiny bit. That just shows your ignorance of how ADSL ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky traffic shaping?

Your uploading should not affect your browsing, not even a tiny bit.
      That just shows your ignorance of how ADSL works. When you click a link to change a page when you are browsing, how do you think the message gets through? Magic! No, it uses your upload to communicate with the servers, if all your upload bandwidth is being used uploading there is none left to complete your request. With your very limited upload speed on Connect, it is even worse.

Yes, I admit I am a fan boy of Sky Broadband, it serves me and a couple of million others very well. Would you mind telling us why you are still with Connect? Its like banging your head against a wall, the pain will not go away until you stop, ie, find another ISP

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      96th is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I'm not a fanboy, but IWasNotTheEnemy is right. It's like trying to get from a junction onto a motorway during a traffic jam. I will be hard. Imagine that the car at the junction is your packet that goes to the website with a request for getting data from it, and the motorway is the upload stream, which is already busy and it is hard for your packet to get into it.

//Edit: Oh yes, and I'm testing the ADSL master socket now, but the problems over the normal socket seems to have gone away.
      //Edit 2: HOLY. ****!

Last edited by 96th; 19-11-10 at 07:50 PM.

Reapercore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlewick Green
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poorbroadband View Post
      That does not make any sense because it is just my broswing speed that's affected, my download speed isn't affected that much.

To those of you who say Sky don't Traffic Shape, upload a vid of you uploading and browsing at the same time then Your uploading should not affect your browsing, not even a tiny bit.

Are there fanboys of this company on here?
      Isitme is a terrible fanboy.

If Sky bothered to ship semi decent routers with QoS then your web browsing wouldn't be affected by something else using your upload.

poorbroadband is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That just shows your ignorance of how ADSL works. When you click a link to change a page when you are browsing, how do you think the message gets through? Magic! No, it uses your upload to communicate with the servers, if all your upload bandwidth is being used uploading there is none left to complete your request. With your very limited upload speed on Connect, it is even worse.

Yes, I admit I am a fan boy of Sky Broadband, it serves me and a couple of million others very well. Would you mind telling us why you are still with Connect? Its like banging your head against a wall, the pain will not go away until you stop, ie, find another ISP
      I think the Internet's went down hit ever since all that government talk about piracy. I distinctly remember a time when we could upload and browse at the same time no problem... and this was on a 1 meg connection! I do remember. I remember Wannado in 2003/2004 (round about that time anyway). I remember BT's 1 meg connection. And If my memory serves my right, I think we moved away from BT to Tascili in 2007. Something about 2007... And I bet any money BT's changed now too!

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Downhill, I get 18mb download 24/7. You really don't have a clue and should listen to what people with more knowledge have been telling you, you may just learn something.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Someone people are just so ignorant they refuse to believe anything, you just can't help some people...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Reapercore. poorbroadband. you are both on a Bt rebadged package Connect and not a Sky unbundled package. Which this threads issues are about. I suggest you leave posts on Connect threads as you are only Hijacking threads that have no bearing with The Connect issues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234