Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

My wirless connection says connected but has status no internet access

This is a discussion on My wirless connection says connected but has status no internet access within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Please help this is proper stressing me out now and Sky Technical Support keep saying it is a problem with ...

jimmy_hugh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

My wirless connection says connected but has status no internet access

Please help this is proper stressing me out now and Sky Technical Support keep saying it is a problem with my computer and a windows 7 fault. But I restored my system from when connection was working and still the same.

This has been going on since the beginning of November now when i connect to my wireless connection it says I am connected but no internet access so i can't view pages.

Sky have sent me new router this week but still the same problem with all lights green and saying I am connected but status on the wirless connection box says no internet access. Please help because Sky dont seem like they want to help just keep doing the same trouble shooter things for me then say it is a problem with my computer.

Has anyone got any ideas what this problem could be?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: My wirless connection says connected but has status no internet access

It most likely is a problem with your computer. The first thing to try, to rule out software problems, is starting in Safe Mode with Networking. The easiest way to do this in Win 7 is to press the Windows Key and type msconfig and hit enter. Now click the Boot tab and Select Safe Boot and Network, click Apply and boot your PC. When it restarts, try to connect to the internet.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok thanks for that I will try this when I get home. If that don't work what do you reckon the problem could be and if it does work what does that mean ? And how can i get it back working in normal mode?

Thanks

If it does connect in Safe Mode, it means your software, firewall or AV is stopping the connection. These would have to be configured to allow the connection.

One other thing you should check is that you have the latest drivers for your wireless card. Don't believe Windows when it says you have the latest. Go to the manufacturers site and get the latest ones from there and install them.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Also i tried connected to another laptop last night and it did the same thing saying the router is connected but no internet access!

Would you have any idea why this would do it on another laptop as well?

Thanks

Also i tried connected to another laptop last night and it did the same thing saying the router is connected but no internet access!
      That would have been useful information to put in your first post. If you are getting the same result with different machines it is probably not the machines that have the problem.

Can you connect with an ethernet cable?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have tried with ethernet cable and same result a nothing I should of put for you is sometimes it does give me access to internet then other times it doesn't.

Like this morning when I woke up I turned my router on and it was working with my computer. Then my girlfriend has just said she turned computer off to go out came back and it started doing the same thing connected but no internet access.

It really is doing my head in and Sky just seem to do the same things over and over when i phone them.

Thanks

It looks like you have a fault on your line or at the exchange. When you get home go into the settings and see if the Status page shows you are getting an IP address.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok will do thanks for all this help it is starting to really annoy me and my girlfriend needs it working to do her masters work.

how is best to do what you suggested ?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Something else to try is to open a command prompt and see if you can ping a website. If you can, it is a PC issue. If not, then as said it might be a routing issue as although the router may have an IP address it might not direct traffic correctly
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast