Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos won't buffer sometimes

This is a discussion on Videos won't buffer sometimes within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; What is that??? Just that if i tell them to ring up and ask such a question i know they ...

TK Trooper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not sure
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Videos won't buffer sometimes

What is that???
      Just that if i tell them to ring up and ask such a question i know they will wantt o know what it is and why they are asking for it. Could you tell me a bit more about it please. Thank you also for your help, really appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

TK Trooper
      Hi the link explains Sky User also if you have Sky+HD you would be able to get Sky anytime+

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve16751 For This Useful Post:

TK Trooper (17-11-10)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      [B]TK Trooperalso if you have Sky+HD you would be able to get Sky anytime+

Does that mean at no extra cost, as they do have Sky+HD

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve16751 For This Useful Post:

TK Trooper (17-11-10)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

One of the main benefits, apart from getting out of the awful throttling, is cost. If your parents are paying the full cost they will be paying 17 for Connect. On an LLU package it would cost 12.50 if they have Sky TV, or 7.50 if they have TV and a Sky phone call package. This is for the Unlimited package. If a 2Gb download is sufficient for them, they could have the Lite broadband for 5.00, or free if they have Sky Talk. These are not inconsiderable savings in today's economic climate.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

TK Trooper (17-11-10)

Exchange:
      Thanks

I asked my mum this morning, she says she is paying 70 odd a month. For that she gets the Sky HD tv, the phone and internet. To me that seems a lot, especially if shy are going to reduce her internet access between the hours of 5pm and midnight.

When she rings up what should she be saying to them, asking for and explaining??? How should she explain that her internet slows down. Just that when this has happened before i thought it may be a fault with the connection, or something like that. So when we spoke to Sky they said they tested the phone line from their end and found no problems, basically i think they tried to fob us off with "it's just one of those things", how traffic levels are high.

How do i get round not being fed the same lines again......

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Ideally you need someone to check to see if the BB can be upgraded, Sales might be able to help but ideally you want someone with their head screwed on in CST to check it out. I did it a few times before I left Sky and moved some people over
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IWasNotTheEnemy For This Useful Post:

TK Trooper (17-11-10)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It is a waste of time complaining about the speed slow down, you will be fobbed of in some way or other. Just tell them that you know your exchange is enabled for Sky Broadband and you want moved to the LLU as soon as possible or you will consider taking your custom elsewhere. I am not certain, but I don't think you will get a good response from the Support section. I am not sure of the name of the section, something like Provisioning, but I am sure someone will give you the correct name and number.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

TK Trooper (17-11-10)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Firstly thank you all again for the great help and advise you have taken the time to share with me. Please know i really appreciate it, i know it's not easy to deal with idiots like me when it comes to the technical jargon, so a million thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      Ideally you need someone to check to see if the BB can be upgraded, Sales might be able to help but ideally you want someone with their head screwed on in CST to check it out. I did it a few times before I left Sky and moved some people over
      What is the BB?
      You say you tried a few times before you left sky, i'm assuming then you had no success and found the easier option was to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme
      It is a waste of time complaining about the speed slow down, you will be fobbed of in some way or other. Just tell them that you know your exchange is enabled for Sky Broadband and you want moved to the LLU as soon as possible or you will consider taking your custom elsewhere.
      O.k! So what is the LLU? Just so that when i ring them (As my parents normally get me to do this kind of thing for them), i want to have a bit of an idea of what i'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme
      I am not certain, but I don't think you will get a good response from the Support section. I am not sure of the name of the section, something like Provisioning, but I am sure someone will give you the correct name and number.
      If anyone does know the dept Isitme is talking about could they let me know, saves ringing the CST (i guess you mean customer service team).

Thanks again guys, i know i'm slow, but i'm learning at least, all be it at a snails pace

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

BB = Broadband (me being lazy). I meant I used to work for CST and successfully helped some customers move to LLU from the Connect package before I left the company
      LLU = Sky's own broadband equipment in your exchange. Basically they control the connections so aren't subject to BTs traffic shaping policies so you get full speed 24/7

The dept. Isitme is on about is the one that you call when waiting to go live. I don't know if they'd actually help you, though. As I said I had to call Sales and explain the situation to the sales rep and have them check to see if the BB could be upgraded. There aren't many like me left in CST as far as I know (no offence to those who do know) so I don't really know who else to suggest
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

17. The Following User Says Thank You to IWasNotTheEnemy For This Useful Post:

TK Trooper (17-11-10)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast