Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Losing the route?

This is a discussion on Losing the route? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Irritating thing is, Blizzard aren't talk to Sky, and vice-versa. I've gone on to play Lord of the Rings online, ...

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Losing the route?

Irritating thing is, Blizzard aren't talk to Sky, and vice-versa.

I've gone on to play Lord of the Rings online, since it's free, and will not bother picking up Cataclysm; will just keep an eye on things until it's better.
      ---reech---

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Interestingly (or not) over the past week or so, my partner has been at home, and been playing on his account.

During the day - until 6pm - everything is fine. From about 6pm to 10 or 11 at night, Warcraft is a laggy horror, something I can confirm. This does seem to indicate traffic management - although there's no traffic management on Sky, and Sky are still getting similar calls. Add that to the fact that all other services AND other online games work fine round the clock, this points to just being a problem over on the Blizzard end.

Their forums are a joke - I've just had a post removed where I responded negatively to a moderator post saying, "Perhaps your ISP is lying to you about their traffic management programme." - something which I'm sure Sky would kick their balls for . Sadly, the post has been removed now - I didn't think to get a screenshot - obviously because a less-insane support person decided "Err, don't want to libel an ISP"...

If any other sky-peoples are seeing similar Warcraft behaviour at peak times, that'll be useful.
      ---reech---

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

From about 6pm to 10 or 11 at night, Warcraft is a laggy horror, something I can confirm.
      That seems to suggest kids coming in from school, doing their homework, then hammering the server till they are kicked of to bed.

I don't think there is any way Sky would pick on WoW to throttle, that does not make sense.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Absolutely! I'd think it was contention, or a difficulty with Sky's provision if 'all' online gaming was affected, or P2P or anything - but it is just THIS GAME and I haven't changed anything at home. Very odd!
      ---reech---

Thanks

As of 12 December, everything is working well on Warcraft; whether it was Sky's routes to the Blizzard servers or, more likely, Blizzard's problem, we'll never know.

I am now firmly stuck in the otherworld again. Hooray.
      ---reech---

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Yes, my NDN seems to be getting in OK now, at least he has not been in my ear for a while to fix it for him.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12