Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Results 31 to 40 of 59

    Slow 0.3mb Internet?

    This is a discussion on Slow 0.3mb Internet? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hopefully they'll manage to sort it out, I'll call them tomorrow!...

    1. #31
      Flash!'s Avatar
      Flash! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: London
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      33
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      Hopefully they'll manage to sort it out, I'll call them tomorrow!


    2. Advertisement
    3. #32
      Flash!'s Avatar
      Flash! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: London
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      33
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      I'll call them later, any points I should make over the phone?

      Cheers guys

    4. #33
      Flash!'s Avatar
      Flash! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: London
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      33
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      Just off the phone to a Sky person, more helpful- Said he could get the connection up to around 1.5mb- He got it up to 2 but it kept dropping down, so he said we've got 1mb now. Gotta talk to a Senior Supervisor later to try and get it up further,

      Speedtest says it's 0.65mb at the moment, well, too me that's an improvement.


      Stats now-
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 3872 4017 0 2024 4607 00:15:08
      LAN 10M/100M 307 0 0 52 0 00:23:32
      WLAN 11M/54M 4704 4369 0 3144 1388 00:23:23


      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 1012 kbps 596 kbps
      Line Attenuation 53.0 db 35.4 db
      Noise Margin 18.4 db 11.5 db

      Hopefully I can get it up to about 1mb, I know to a lot of you that seems a small amount but that would be such a big difference to me having been used to dial up speeds!

    5. #34
      steve16751's Avatar
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      washington
      Posts
      2,867
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      Flash!
      Hi The main socket are there any loose wires inside the socket. if you have changed the filter and that did not work. Have you tried unplugging the phone to see if the connection speed improves. You could try SkyUser - Sky Broadband Availability and Exchange Checker to see if the connection speed offered is different.

    6. #35
      Flash!'s Avatar
      Flash! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: London
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      33
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Flash!
      Hi The main socket are there any loose wires inside the socket. if you have changed the filter and that did not work. Have you tried unplugging the phone to see if the connection speed improves. You could try SkyUser - Sky Broadband Availability and Exchange Checker to see if the connection speed offered is different.
      I don't think there were any loose wires

      The connection was slower (0.55mb) without the phone

    7. #36
      steve16751's Avatar
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      washington
      Posts
      2,867
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

    8. #37
      Flash!'s Avatar
      Flash! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: London
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      33
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Flash!
      Hi what connection speed did the SkyUser - Sky Broadband Availability and Exchange Checker show.
      Is this what ya meant?

      Your BT Line Speed Estimation
      Fixed ADSL: 1024 (1 Mb)
      DSL Max: 2000 (2 Mb)

    9. #38
      User05's Avatar
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Posts
      3,030
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 171 Times in 164 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash! View Post
      Just off the phone to a Sky person, more helpful- Said he could get the connection up to around 1.5mb- He got it up to 2 but it kept dropping down, so he said we've got 1mb now. Gotta talk to a Senior Supervisor later to try and get it up further,

      Speedtest says it's 0.65mb at the moment, well, too me that's an improvement.


      Stats now-
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 3872 4017 0 2024 4607 00:15:08
      LAN 10M/100M 307 0 0 52 0 00:23:32
      WLAN 11M/54M 4704 4369 0 3144 1388 00:23:23


      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 1012 kbps 596 kbps
      Line Attenuation 53.0 db 35.4 db
      Noise Margin 18.4 db 11.5 db

      Hopefully I can get it up to about 1mb, I know to a lot of you that seems a small amount but that would be such a big difference to me having been used to dial up speeds!
      Looks to me like you could just simply be capped. That line should be able to push around 5 odd mbps.

    10. #39
      steve16751's Avatar
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      washington
      Posts
      2,867
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      Flash!
      Hi when on the phone to Sky did you get passed onto CST.
      Just off the phone to a Sky person, more helpful- Said he could get the connection up to around 1.5mb- He got it up to 2 but it kept dropping down, so he said we've got 1mb now. Gotta talk to a Senior Supervisor later to try and get it up further,

    11. #40
      Flash!'s Avatar
      Flash! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: London
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      33
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Slow 0.3mb Internet?

      Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      Flash!
      Hi when on the phone to Sky did you get passed onto CST.
      That's the technical people, right? If so, yeah

     

     
    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION