Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Suddenly Painfuly Slow!

This is a discussion on Suddenly Painfuly Slow! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have just read that the Noise Margin 6.1 db 8.5 db Tom I think I need better I cannot ...

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Suddenly Painfuly Slow!

I have just read that the Noise Margin 6.1 db 8.5 db Tom I think I need better I cannot see anything those any more. :
      Woolfy I hope you are not the Woolfy with Secrets or Words. I always say I am on Skyuser as there are a lot of Sky Employees who read and post on this site also I always ask who ever I talk to How are They keeping and the most important when they give their name I always call them by it

2. Advertisement
      Woolfy Smith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Houghton Le Spring
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Good advice Steve, don't wrry though I always go the extra mile when I ring call centres in general....as an ex call centre employee I've taken my fair share of aggro from escalated calls etc and it sometimes f**** your day right up!

Never thought of actually mentioning SkyUser but that might just buy me a wee bit of leveridge. I'll be sure to casualy drop it into the convo when I give them a bell again in a few weeks

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      I have just read that the Noise Margin 6.1 db 8.5 db Tom I think I need better I cannot see anything those any more. :
      Woolfy I hope you are not the Woolfy with Secrets or Words. I always say I am on Skyuser as there are a lot of Sky Employees who read and post on this site also I always ask who ever I talk to How are They keeping and the most important when they give their name I always call them by it
      Not being funny, Steve, but people who say they read this forum always got a bit of a 'tut' from us once a call finished. Just because this forum has a lot of information the last thing I liked is being told I was wrong about something because the person 'had read on SkyUser' about something I could try...hated being told how to do my job, and I know a lot of the guys I used to work with hate it too
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Woolfy Smith
      Did you know there is a call centre in Newcastle now.
      Its like you said. Shy bairns get nowt! If I have to ring anyone for help and they mention anything at all I am there for the conversation. If I hear someone thank me for an enjoyable phone call. I can then put the phone down with a smile and know that any issues I had were gone or would be soon
      Iwnte Hi yes I understand that no one wants to be told what to do. When I am talking to Sky agents and mentioning Skyuser I always say that we are trying to help so that when a Sky Customers calls they can give a more detailed description of the issues they were having. I always got thank you as the amount of Customers ringing and not knowing how to explain the problems that were happening.Talking to an agent who had said a Customers rang saying my BB is not
      working. can you switch it back on.
      Last edited by steve16751; 22-11-10 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks

I fully agree that being told how to do your job is always an 'eye-rolling' moment.

But I still think that the core of Steve's message rings true.

IWasNotTheEnemy, as (presumably) a call centre advisor or someone who deals on a regular basis with the general public, I'm sure you will agree that there is a massivly high precentage of knuckle-dragers, mouth-breathers and general Jeremy Kyle fodder out there. Therefore, as someone who also deals with the general public, any little bit of politenes, humilty or courtesy shown by the caller is always appreciated on my part and makes me go the extra few yards to help.

The other 99% of the ignorant skip-rats had parts of their customer accounts 'mysteriously' deleted!

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I've only ever had a few people come through with general issues and say they were on SkyUser or read stuff on here. You do get a few who mention about extracting the user/pass of the router and allude to stuff they've read here on how to do it.

Steve, unfortunately a lot of the advisors in Newcastle have the habit of sending out microfilters left, right and centre as their first action. Customer then calls back to find it's not the filter, it's the 100ft extension cable they're running around the house. However, as I always say on here, you'll get good and bad agents in all the call centres Sky have. I only work part time as I'm a student and it gets some cash in my pocket, but most days I actually fairly enjoy getting a resolution for a customer, no matter what length I have to go to. It's just a pity not all advisors are like that.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Woolfy Smith View Post
      I fully agree that being told how to do your job is always an 'eye-rolling' moment.

But I still think that the core of Steve's message rings true.

IWasNotTheEnemy, as (presumably) a call centre advisor or someone who deals on a regular basis with the general public, I'm sure you will agree that there is a massivly high precentage of knuckle-dragers, mouth-breathers and general Jeremy Kyle fodder out there. Therefore, as someone who also deals with the general public, any little bit of politenes, humilty or courtesy shown by the caller is always appreciated on my part and makes me go the extra few yards to help.

The other 99% of the ignorant skip-rats had parts of their customer accounts 'mysteriously' deleted!
      Absolutely agree, but it's the people who came on spouting all this stuff they'd read without actually knowing what they're on about that narked me. Someone who appreciated what I had to do to confirm the situation and were honest about what they'd done so far always got the best from me - and I was damn good at my job when in CST. Even helped Steve when he first called up (not that I've ever said so before )
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      It's just a pity not all advisors are like that.
      I totaly agree. It's a lottery when you phone any of the big call centres these days. It shouldn't be, but it's just a sad fact due to the undermotivated, battery-hen, revolving door kinda environment that is the very nature of call centre work.

Unfortunately for every good advisor out there, there's another 10 waiting in the wings to screw you over and get you off the phone to improve their stats. And that knowledge comes not from bitterness but from experience

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      Absolutely agree, but it's the people who came on spouting all this stuff they'd read without actually knowing what they're on about that narked me.
      Couldn't agree more. That's why I pretty much just accepted that the guy I spoke to today had pushed the envelope of his technical knowledge and come up slightly short. Wouldn't have even contemplated trying to argue with him using only the knowledge I've leached from SkyUser over the last few months.
      Last edited by Woolfy Smith; 22-11-10 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks

Woolfy Smith
      Hi I remember when I joined SkyUser and the help I got was excellent I knew nothing about computers the net. I was worse than any novice. But found it very interesting. I was told that now I would be able to help other SkyUser who had the same issues I had. There was and is always someone who would and could add more information.

User05
      With the new email from sky asking how the phone call was handled and did the agent solve the issue and were you satisfied with the solution. Newcastle will only draw attention to themselves.
      unfortunately a lot of the advisors in Newcastle have the habit of sending out microfilters left, right and centre as their first action
      Well IWNTe I remember talking to a couple of Sky`s CST Advisers from Liverpool and I thought great. At least they will have a sense of Humour. So thank you again for the help and assistance

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast