Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Inconsistency with sky broadband.

This is a discussion on Inconsistency with sky broadband. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello I am really aggrivated over the fact that my sky broadband keeps cutting out frequently and reconnecting itself over ...

Conner617 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Exclamation Inconsistency with sky broadband.

Hello I am really aggrivated over the fact that my sky broadband keeps cutting out frequently and reconnecting itself over a period of time. Normally this would not be a problem but playing on xbox live is now pretty much impossible as after every 30 minutes or so I either lose connection or I cant connect to any of my freinds.

Orignally although being horrificly slow (I Live in a village) sky still managed to deliver a constant stream of broadband. After my first Sagem router apparently broke I phoned up sky to recieve a new router. They sent me a new D-Link one and now the problem mentioned above occurs. I again have phoned sky but all they have done is direct me to a ticket process but again both of the tickets that were supposedly submitted have not been answered I waited a week and a half for each one.......

Somebody please tell me something I can do to fix this as I am really on my last nerve with this ISP.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Inconsistency with sky broadband.

Conner617
      Hi I am sorry but the connect package has had a lot of issues over the last couple of years. The connect package is a bt re-badged max product and is traffic managed from 4pm to midnight. Also oversubscribed. What you could do is check your exchange on SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search to see if there is any upgrades at your exchange.

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Call sky again. If your ticket has been open 72 hours and you have had no callback, you will be passed to CST. But, as has been said, Connect is a poor package.

Do you connect with ethernet or wireless? Are you in the master socket? When you disconnect does the internet light go amber?

If the issue has been correctly dealt with and escalated, you will have already answered all these questions I know.

It may be that unfortunately its just the package itself and they cannot improve things.

Conner617 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hello again.

Unfortunately I have tried all of the suggested fixes, im defintily plugged into the master socket and im connecting through an ethernet cable, what I would like to know now is would there be a way to escape this contract? as I originally signed up for unlimited and was informed that connect would be a similar package just with a slightly slower speed obviously I was ill informed. Plus im not getting a decent service provided to the standards that they have claimed.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Conner617
      Hi have a look on (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users will give information on leaving the connect package in contract. Did you look at your exchange.