Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Connect New User 250kbit speeds

This is a discussion on Sky Connect New User 250kbit speeds within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have just completed stages 2 and 3 of the BT speed test, using my cisco router, screenshots below: Test ...

etherz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Poplar
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect New User 250kbit speeds

I have just completed stages 2 and 3 of the BT speed test, using my cisco router, screenshots below:

Test 2:

Test 3:

Would the tests still give such poor results if the problem is throttling, as I am logging in with the bt test account, and on the third test not even using the skydsl login domain? I am 99% sure the problem is not throttling as I have tested the service on weekdays at 6am (ie: outside of throttling hours) and get exactly the same problem. I have received this speed since day 1, the first time I turned the router on, so the problem cannot be excessive useage!

Any tips on the other questions I posted above? Sky told me I could receive sky unlimited, and samknows seems to think I can receive LLU sky service too, but I have been put on sky connect. Any idea how long it would take to transfer to bethere pro LLU?

Thanks for all your help so far guys

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

That is poor. There is obviously a deeper fault than simple throttling. Ask Sky to elevate your complaint to BT, there is really little Sky themselves can do about it.

If your exchange is Sky enabled, phone Sky and tell them you want moved as soon as possible.

Moving to BE should not take much more than 7-10 days. If they will not move you to LLU ask for your MAC and give it to BE. Don't say anything about cancelling, in fact emphasise that you do not want to cancel. Some have fallen into this trap in the past and have then been unable to get a MAC and get stuck in limbo.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Phoned Sky, took 25 mins to speak to someone, and the total call was 49 mins My issue had never been raised to CST 2nd Line. The lady did raise the ticket for me but this just means more waiting. Call ended when she put me on hold for a minute to check about a mac code and accidentally put me through to TV support.... Had been very helpful up until then so I dont think it was on purpose.

Just spoke to Be, no more capacity in my area, they said it is a very busy exchange (Poplar exchange, right next to canary wharf). FTTC has a go live date of December 2010 so does that mean I can then get 40mbit?

Sky have told me that I cannot get Sky Unlimited. This is directly opposite to what the guy said when I was making my order, and I would not have ordered if I had known this. The website said I could get Sky unlimted, and so did samknows...

Don't mind spending up to 100/month for a connection if anyone has any ideas, just dont want to be messed around like I am with Sky.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Your exchange is one of the oldest Sky exchanges in the country. If you can't get Unlimited it means that there are no slots available.

Try O2, same network as BE, but you never know, they may have a slot available. Just make sure you are going on their LLU, they have a package similar to Connect, which might be 'out of the frying pan,,,,,' It will not be as badly managed as Connect, but you would still be subject to throttling.

To get fibre you would have to switch to BT (Infinity) or one of their re-sellers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

etherz
      Hi what you could do is follow the link and see if any LLU providers have any slots available at your exchange Broadband Providers Comparison for UK ADSL, Cable and Satellite also Top10.com Compare Broadband Packages - Broadband Package Comparison hope you get your problems solved.

Thanks

Just a little update, Sky have still not resolved the issue. The have asked BT to look into it. None of the LLU providers list on the pages above have any capacity at the poplar exchange, probably due to the number of new builds in this area over the past 5 years.

Might be able to get a Vivacity LLU service with 75GB cap, not ideal but might not have a choice...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12