Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Waiting for BT...

This is a discussion on Waiting for BT... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After numerous tests, Sky concluded that there is a physical fault in my line that BT needs to sort out ...

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Waiting for BT...

After numerous tests, Sky concluded that there is a physical fault in my line that BT needs to sort out (although my previous broadband was working fine), and as I'm sure some of you know, BT gives no feedback ("they'll tell us when it's sorted and we'll tell you"). So I'm left hanging now (activation was Sept 12th), with no clude when, if ever, this will get sorted out. Have any of you had the same situation resolved? How many days, weeks did you wait?

2. Advertisement
      Mushroom7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton MRASH
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i'm in the same situation as you (activation date 13th Sept) i'm waiting for Easynet to investigate a fault at my exchange apparently. Don't beleive a word of it but i can't bring myself to ring them anymore. Hope your luck changes soon.

Mushroom7

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi kkhalil76

You don't say what package your on so I am guessing its LLU.

Regardless of that as you say BT like to mess things up and don't tell you or anyone else anything for that matter so even if your last connection worked great as mine did once BT get into the exchange they mess up badly, they did me and for 5 days I have nothing no phone or Adsl. So my activation happened 5 days latter than it should have and I was already delayed a week prior to that.

But now I am on SkyBB I don't regret the change one bit

Good luck and hope you get yours soon.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What a joke, every time I call tech support they promise to get in touch with tier 3 and have someone back to me, which I don't believe anymore cause they never do, I get the tier 1 supervisor's name and ask them to either have tier 3 give me some feedback or for him/her to do that if they don't have time to call back, they promise they will, I tell them great, cause the last one said that and didn't do anything, and guess what, nothing happens. I'm just going to keep compiling names to put together a nice complaint letter. Don't have much else to do since I'm offline anyway.

Oh, and to top things off, they already started charging me for the max package, and when I dared to complain about that, I was told to contact billing myself as tech support won't do that (although they should tell them that this account is not up and running yet?!). How foolish of me to expect them to care or sort this out. Good to know that billing is working well.

I should never have switched...

nstream is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hatfield
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Same here, supposed to be connected on the 22nd of September, BT said they connected on the 25th but as yet still no service, numerous calls to Sky say Issue is with BT, they have raised fault but they can not give me any further information, no numbers to call etc...

I need net access for Work so if I do not have a service in a week I will jump to Pipex seing as they are pestering me everynight...

Jay23Sx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Pipex are actually the cause of my problem, having put an order against my line after I left Freedom2Surf. I had one week of perfect operation with Sky and then it all went belly up.

I now have to wait for Pipex to put a CEASE order on my line so I can then get Sky to re-activate. A pipex ploy to get me to go back? Perhaps

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I really can't believe this hasn't been sorted out yet. My last call with sky (last night) produced a BT phone number and reference, and I was told to call them to follow-up. I asked why I wasn't given this earlier (my problem was allegedly passed on to BT ages ago) and I was told that sky 'is not encouraged to provide these details'. So I thought great, finally I'll get some answers. I call the number, the reference number exists, but it's apparently BT Wholesale who deals with it, therefore whoever I spoke to coudn't help me, and swore that the only way to get info from BT Wholesale is through my provider, Sky. So I call sky back and ask to speak to the tier 1 supervisor, to understand why I've been sent on a wild goose chase (clearly to get me off the phone), and I was told it'll be looked into, but that I shouldn't have been given these details. After I again complained about the fact that they're already billing me, they graciaously agreed to credit my account with the 16 or so they now owe me. Makes me feel so much better now, over a month offline and hours on the phone (many times on their 0870 numbers) and all the frustration, but I'm getting my 16 back. Maybe I'll use it in an internet cafe.

thewarden is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hunslet - Leeds
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I feel sick.

Sky are giving me the same excuse. 'There is a fault at the exchange - needs repairing..dont know when..."

Ive been waiting since my activation date of 28th September. Randomly plugging the router in hoping for any signs of life. But it seems people here have been waiting even longer so my hopes are fading faster.

What I dont get is, how come there are so many faults at so many exchanges, yet we were all doing perfectly well with our previous providers? Not a faulty cable in site?

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes the excuse seems rubbish. Good luck, my activation date was september 12th, and I had to cancel my previous provider and put in the sky order about 10 days before that.

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sounds like the problems are to do with Sky/Easynets equipment rather than BT's.

For those that have "Tie Pair" issues, I've read on another forum that it should ony take approximately 18 minutes to connect and configure a tie pair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast