Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Waiting for BT...

This is a discussion on Waiting for BT... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Don't think you like BT very much do you Wheelie?? Originally Posted by Wheelie Hi kkhalil76 You don't say what ...

john5197 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Astley Bridge
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Red face

Don't think you like BT very much do you Wheelie??

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Hi kkhalil76

You don't say what package your on so I am guessing its LLU.

Regardless of that as you say BT like to mess things up and don't tell you or anyone else anything for that matter so even if your last connection worked great as mine did once BT get into the exchange they mess up badly, they did me and for 5 days I have nothing no phone or Adsl. So my activation happened 5 days latter than it should have and I was already delayed a week prior to that.

But now I am on SkyBB I don't regret the change one bit

Good luck and hope you get yours soon.

2. Advertisement
      Bill is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Highway CMHIGW
      Broadband ISP: Finally...on Max !
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wink It's not the whole exchange, just Sky's gear

Quote Originally Posted by thewarden View Post
      I feel sick.

Sky are giving me the same excuse. 'There is a fault at the exchange - needs repairing..dont know when..."

<snip>

What I dont get is, how come there are so many faults at so many exchanges, yet we were all doing perfectly well with our previous providers? Not a faulty cable in site?
      My understanding (which may well be wrong), is that the problem at my exchange, and many others, (see here : Hands up if you have 'cabling problems') is that there is a 'cabling issue' that means that Sky's own equipment (actually Easynet's) is incorrectly connected to BT's. This business of an ISP putting their own gear into the exchange is part of Local Loop Unbundling (LLU).

ISP's who haven't gone down the LLU route simply resell BT's own BB products. Thus people at my exchange, who aren't with Sky, have no problems. Or at least not the same problems.

Having said that, I did ask Sky if they could move me to Sky Connect while the problem at my exchange was ongoing ('cos Sky Connect is their non-LLU product), but they said this still wouldn't work. I didn't get a real explanation as to why it wouldn't work...I'm not convinced, but frankly I can't be arxxd to keep at it.

My intended route now is formal complaint, compensation claim, and a refund of calls to a dial-up connection (maybe BT ? Sky can pay BT for my dial-up...) until they sort it out.
      Last edited by Bill; 09-10-06 at 06:48 PM.

kkhalil76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Got a call from BT this morning telling me that there are no problems with my line, I need to take this up with Sky!!!! After all this waiting and blaming BT I'm still at square one. Bunch of incompetent ^&%$"%^

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Called sky to tell them, they found it odd that BT would call me, so not sure which BT entity it was, but whoever it was, they say my line is fine. On my fifth tier 1 supervisor, who really really promised to get in touch with tier 3 and get back to me, just like the first 4 that said eactly that and I have still to get a single callback after more than a month. It's amazing that they can get away with it. I guess it's my fault for sticking with them, I've had enough.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

IT'S NOT BT!!! After all this waiting and blaming BT, turns out it's Sky's fault. Now that they can't blame it on my line, they're saying there's a problem with their equipment in my exchange, and they've been trying to fix it since the 25th of September, and they have no clue how much longer it will take! Is it just me or does all this sound incredible. Still no callback from tier 3, or any of the 5 tier 1 supervisors that promised to get back to me.

Beamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brentwood
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi - I'm new to this forum having experienced very similar problems to the ones described in this thread.

I ordered Sky BB on 23 August to start when my previous ISP (BT Business) ceased on 20 September. I provided a MAC sat back and waited and waited and waited. On 18 September, when I had received nothing - no router, no letters, no emails, I contacted Sky. Since then, despite calling every 2 days or so, Sky have only given me the run around.

Three different call centre staff, including a "Line Manager" have promised to escalate and ring me back. Each time I've heard nothing from them. They claim that there's a problem at the exchange but seem to have no idea how to resolve it. I'd cancel the order and start with another ISP if I thought that would help but I suspect that I'd just be back to square one.

Anyone in the Brentwood area experiencing similar problems?

Cheers

lrostoke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle WMNEW
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Rather than type it all again

Stoke on Trent - Anybody from?

But seems like exchange problem is the latest standard excuse they use...

It's my sister whose had the trouble, I was activated last month and didn't have any problems, router arrived on time, activated when it should, no delays, no problems...which was why my sister signed up

kop
      kop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hounslow
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Im in the same boat as you guys!! There appears to be a fault code coming up on my BT line, although my previous ADSL2+ worked fine. Have spoken with Sky CS a few times with no luck other than someone needs to speak to BT about the problem. I signed up for bt on 23rd September and didnt have internet since 3 days prior to this. So had no connection at all since then. Im getting very ****** off with the situation and am thinking about joining a provider with a monthly contract, that way I can apply for Sky again and it will just take as long as it takes.

Im not very happy. Gonna have a right go with Sky CS again tomorrow and demand I speak to a supervisor.

They said my tie pair was carried out and was successful however there is some other type of error now.

******s!! Its nout to do with BT im sure. This is Sky's issues!! Ive spoken directly to BT Wholesale who deal directly with Sky so Im told. They didnt wanna speak with me and told me it should be sky who is speaing with them, but the lady was very nice and cant see any faults with my line and see's no reason why i cant be connected to Sky BB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12