Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Rapidshare - IP blocked?

This is a discussion on Rapidshare - IP blocked? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It is worth while signing up for the free version. It gives you access to all sorts of things that ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Rapidshare - IP blocked?

It is worth while signing up for the free version. It gives you access to all sorts of things that just using the addresses doesn't, such as site blocking, phishing and botnet protection, etc....
      OpenDNS > Use OpenDNS

Just sign up and follow the instructions. If you are using a Sky router you have to set up all the PCs you use. If you are using your own router, you can set it up in its settings and that will cover everything connected to it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Strangely I don't seem to be getting the IP BLOCKED now, and that's after removing the preferred: 212.135.1.36 and the alternate: 195.40.1.36 that I entered earlier.

Mine set on automatic now and its working OK, perhaps something has been fixed?

It would be interesting to know, how many of the people who were getting IP BLOCKED shown before entering the above ip addresses or by using OpenDNS. If they could now connect with no problem by altering the DNS setting in Windows back to OBTAIN DNS ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY?

I signed up for the free OpenDNS and noted down the details, just in case I get the IP BLOCKED repairing.

Thanks for the help, its much appreciated.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Strangely I don't seem to be getting the IP BLOCKED now, and that's after removing the preferred: 212.135.1.36 and the alternate: 195.40.1.36 that I entered earlier.

Mine set on automatic now and its working OK, perhaps something has been fixed?

It would be interesting to know, how many of the people who were getting IP BLOCKED shown before entering the above ip addresses or by using OpenDNS. If they could now connect with no problem by altering the DNS setting in Windows back to OBTAIN DNS ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY?

I signed up for the free OpenDNS and noted down the details, just in case I get the IP BLOCKED repairing.

Thanks for the help, its much appreciated.

seahampride is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0114
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I've just had this exact same issue with my Rapidshare account.

I changed my DNS settings to OpenDNS and this did nothing to resolve the issue.

However, using the https://ssl... tweak seemed to do the trick.

I'm more concerned as to WHY this is happening and WHO is responsible? Is it that Rapidshare will sporadically block ALL Sky IP addresses?

Exchange:
      Thanks

I initially added the 212.135.1.36 and the alternate: 195.40.1.36 that was mentioned earlier and this fixed the problem.

A little while after I removed the above two numbers to see if there had been something put in place to fix the problem, (this basically was the way it was when I was getting IP blocked shown) I now don't get the IP blocked shown anymore, perhaps just certain ranges of Sky IP address perhaps only suffer the problem?

seahampride is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0114
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I'll give that a try this evening - but I've been hankering for a switch to Fileserve anyway - this might just be the impetus I need!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234