Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Download speed down to 40kbs

This is a discussion on Download speed down to 40kbs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by User05 The speed has been capped - you're going to need to call Sky to have it ...

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Download speed down to 40kbs

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      The speed has been capped - you're going to need to call Sky to have it uncapped.

One thing, though. Ensure your set-up within the house is fine as unless DLM has had a joke and capped you for a laugh, you've been capped for a reason. Excessive errors from incorrect set-up is the most common, so ensure all sockets within the premises have filters connected, if sky tv is connected ensure it's correctly filtered and ensure you're using no extension cables to the router.
      I agree, but does DLM not detect after a few days that there is an excessive noise margin, and restart training? or do you have to call Sky to get a capp removed. I am assuming here that there is no underlining reason for the capp, but that DLM just detected some interference which has now passed.

2. Advertisement
      Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      The speed has been capped - you're going to need to call Sky to have it uncapped.

One thing, though. Ensure your set-up within the house is fine as unless DLM has had a joke and capped you for a laugh, you've been capped for a reason. Excessive errors from incorrect set-up is the most common, so ensure all sockets within the premises have filters connected, if sky tv is connected ensure it's correctly filtered and ensure you're using no extension cables to the router.
      Which is why I asked was it the master socket. Cos it doesn't look like it to me to be honest.

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      I agree, but does DLM not detect after a few days that there is an excessive noise margin, and restart training? or do you have to call Sky to get a capp removed. I am assuming here that there is no underlining reason for the capp, but that DLM just detected some interference which has now passed.
      If the set up is incorrect and giving unstable line readings, it will adjust accordingly until the set up is put right and the line is manually reconfigured.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123