Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Moving From Sky BB Help

This is a discussion on Moving From Sky BB Help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thanks everyone for your replies Ok I'm better off contacting Be to see what needs to be done, If the ...

coolertech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Moving From Sky BB Help

Thanks everyone for your replies

Ok I'm better off contacting Be to see what needs to be done, If the line needs to be ceased and re-enabled does anyone know if theres a charge for this and if so how much.

On the broadband checker website it says I can get Be when I enter my number, however when I enter the number on the Be website all i get is and error message, I've tried entering it on O2 (as they supply Be's Broadband) and it says that I can get it but something might need to be done with my telephone line... whatever that means and a charge might apply...

I want to keep my number If I can as I've had it for years, Originally with BT, then moved over to virgin, BT then remove the line from my house without any letter or warning, I got rid of virgin and signed up to sky who then installed a new telephone line again.

At the time of looking around for a good deal when I signed up to sky, BT wanted 128+ Vat to re-install the telephone line back to my house (even tho they removed it)

As sky was doing it for free I went with them.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Moving From Sky BB Help

I know o2 can take over a line if you're going with them for line rental (same as Sky) otherwise BT will probably charge 127.99 to take the line back...this is why I'll always just stay with BT for line rental as it's one less headache!!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12